Nightmares

Kathy's POV
I was back in my old house. In the room where I killed my mum. Pinned up against the wall. Hand to my throat. Her screams hit my ears. I knew what would happen. I've been through this thousands of times. The snakes came out of the floorboards. I screamed at them but nothing came out. They slowly slithered up my mum. They squeezed her with imence force. I heard her scream in pain. I heard her bones snap. Then silence. She dropped to the floor. I should have woken up then. But I didnt. I fell through the floorboards with the snakes. I was falling off a skyscraper with a bottle of alcohol in my hand. I had a noose around my neck. I was tumbling to the ground. I braced myself to hit the ground. I never did. But how I wished I did. The rope had got caught before I hit the ground. I was hanging by my neck. And then I saw my dad. I screamed as loud as my strangled neck would allow. There was so much I wanted to tell him but I couldn't breath or speak. I looked into his eyes. They were just liked mine. I could feel my neck crushing and the pressure rising. He started to turn purple. I looked deep into his eyes, but I'd regret it. It seemd like an eternity but I was snapped into real time eyes exploded from the presure in his head.

I shot into relatity. I sat bolt up right. Shaking. Panting. Sweaty. Terriferd. I was paralysed in fear. I kept on trying to scream. "AHHHHHHHH" I gained control of my body.

Enoch's POV
I heard a soul crushing scream. It wasn't a pathetic scream, you could hear the emotion and pain in it. It was coming from Kathy. She looked terrible. She was shaking, sweaty and uncontrollably screamimg. I put back on my shirt, which was still damp. I didnt want to scare her even more so I made sure she knew who I was "Are you ok? It's Enoch, what's happened?" I said. I heard my voice shake. It was horrendous to see someone you cared about so much like this. Then Miss Pregeine busted in the room. All the children were stood outside. Light shined in from the corridor and revealed the time on my clock. 3.34am.

Miss Peregrine told all the children to go back to bed. They all did looking concerned and scared. Even Olive and Emma look worried. "Kathy what's happened? Are you ok?" Miss Peregrine asked softly. No replied. The screams were now quieted and muffled by her uncontrollable crying. Miss Peregrine looked flustered and confused. I didnt know what to do either. I could hug her? I knew it worked before but this was alot worse. Miss Peregrine hopefully wouldn't be annoyed as romantic relationships aren't allowed. But this wasn't a relationship, I was comforting her. I was sat infront of her so she knew that I was there. I leaned forward and hugged her. She was shaking still. I could feel her lean into me. She calmed down a bit. Miss Peregrine looked shocked. I never hugged people, but Kathy was an exception.

"Are you going to be ok with her?" She asked after Kathy had stopped screaming. I nodded. She left the room and closed the door.

Kathy's POV
I had no idea what was going on until Enoch hugged me. He was gently swaying with me, trying to relax me. I put all my weight on him. I was exhausted but I knew I couldn't sleep. "It's ok now...whatever it was is gone now...You're here with me now and nothing bad will happen...do you want to talk about it?...how are you know?...nothing more is going to happen," He said quietly in my ear.

He laid met down obviously realising that I wasn't supporting my weight. I rolled over onto him. His shirt was cold and wetter than before. He took it off. I was too panicked and scared to notice or appreciate him topless. He pulled me close and warmed me up. I was freezing. He's muscular arms held me close to his body. His smell relaxed me and reassured me. He whispered comforting things that I couldn't understand but I focused on his voice to block out the visions of what I had just witnessed.

There was no place I'd rather at that moment. In the arms of Enoch. I was where I was safe. Nothing could harm me with him near me."T-thank you," I whispered to him. "There's no need to thank me, are you ok? Is there anything I can do?" He said sounding slightly more relaxed but still concerned. "Im feeling better now your holding me. Please don't let go. Please talk to me" I mumbled. I would normally never tell anyone anything like this but I was too shook up to worry. He carried on talking. I slowly drifted into a dreamless sleep, listening to his soothing voice.