chapter twenty three

Eren blinked. "22.......I'm already 22...?"
Levi nodded."yes, fully adult." Reiner smiled and wrapped an arm around eren's shoulders. "You've been living with us for 7 years already, time flies by so fast.." armin said smiling. ".....what do you mean living...?" Eren whispered.
Everyone stared at eren confusingly.
"...this isn't living!! This is called being held hostage!!" Eren stood up but Reiner interrupted him, he placed his hands on eren's shoulders with a strong grip, forcing him to sit down again. "Here you go again, ruining everything again. Don't you fucking get it eren?" Reiner angrily said.
Bertholt spoke up. " oi Reiner..." Reiner glared at bertholt." No. I'm done with his attitude!" He turned eren's chair around so he was facing eren, he kneeled down. "Listen here, you live with us. For now, for these seven years, and for ever till either you, or we die."
Eren didn't say anything.
"..even if we have to kill you that is." Reiner stood up and left the room.

"Reiner!!" Bertholt angrily said after him, he turned around towards eren. "Don't worry eren....he's just a bit angry, you know how he is." Bertholt smiled a bit and patted eren's head.
"Tch...Reiner ruined the mood and eren's birthday."Levi crossed his arms.
Hanji pouted. "Come on everyone!! Cheer up, we have...CAKEE!!!" She yelled. "She's right!" Armin smiled and clapped his hands.
Eren was still sitting on the chair, he hadn't spoken since Reiner left.
"....i'll get Reiner okay..?" Bertholt said to eren in a sweet voice. Eren didn't reply so bertholt went upstairs without an answer.

"Reiner..?" Bertholt walked upstairs and searched in the rooms, he couldn't find Reiner.
A few minutes later he noticed that the bathroom door was locked.
Bertholt knocked on the door. "Reiner please come downstairs.." Reiner instantly replied. "Why should I." He said with a cold tone.
"...you're ruining eren's birthday, he's really sad now.."
Reiner's eyes widened. "..he's sad..?"
Bertholt knew Reiner's weak spot was eren so he was planning to use it. "Yeah..I think he misses you."
Reiner blushed. "I-is that so.." he blushed and covered his mouth with his hand.
Bertholt wanted to say something again but Reiner was already convinced enough. "Fine..only because I want some cake, not because I'm worried about eren or something..." he unlocked the door and left the bathroom blushing.
Bertholt chuckled and together they walked down the stairs.

"Ah! Reiner is baaaack!!" Hanji yelled. "Yaaaay!" Armin yelled back smiling. "Now let's eat that cake!" He said.
Everyone nodded. Armin gave eren the knife. "You may have the  honour of cutting the cake." He smiled.
"Reiner, plates! Levi, vorks! Bertholt, drinks! Armin, napkins!! I'll turn on the tv!" Hanji gave everyone orders.
"Tch fine..." Levi answered and everyone did as they were told."

"..I've had enough."
They all turned around to look at eren.
"Spending my life like this..locked up...seeing the same people every day...I haven't seen daylight for the past seven years......if this will go on forever...I'd rather....."
"Be dead." Eren held the cake knife and sliced open his wrist.
"EREN!!!" Levi yelled and ran to him. Before Levi could grab the knife, eren sliced his other wrist open.
Levi yanked the knife away.
Everyone stared with horror filled in their eyes at eren.
Tears were streaming down eren's cheeks.
"..freedom...at last..." he smiled while sobbing, slowly he fell of his chair.
Blood pooling on the ground. Eren began to lose consciousness.
Hanji quickly wrapped her hands around eren's wrist. "Someone try to stop the bleeding!!!"She yelled.
Armin grabbed eren's other wrist while sobbing. "EREN!!! DON'T LEAVE US!!!"
"No.....NOT AGAIN!!! EREN!!!!" Levi yelled crying. He sank to his knees and held eren's face with his hands.
"N-no..." bertholt cried. " eren we won't survive this life without you!!"
"It's dark...and lonely.......don't go eren..I beg you.." Reiner sobbed.
"......." Eren reached out his hand. "...I'm coming mom..." he smiled and closed his eyes.

~to be continued?~

Hope you enjoyed the chapter!
Comments and votes will be appreciated❤