Intro

I was in 2nd grade when I first ever met Cody Culp.

And it was unexpected.

I had just been turned down to hang out with a group of girls cause I asked them if they wanted to play some basketball.

They told me that was stupid then walked away.

It was only my third day of 2nd grade, since I just moved there the weekend before, and I was already over it.

I got mad and threw the ball wherever before I sat down on the curb behind me.

After that, I pulled my knees up and grabbed each of my forearms to keep them up before I stared at the ground below me.

And no-I was'nt gunna cry.

I don't do that.

I hated this place.

I hated Seattle.

I wanted to go back to where I came from.

Nobody here liked me, or showed any type of interest in me as far as being my friend, so why even be here?

Suddenly my ball I had thrown a few seconds ago, rolled back up to my feet and stopped, then I looked up to see a boy my age, with kinda wavy brown  hair and brown eyes.

"Hey, ok you?", he said.

"I'm fine", I nodded then looked back down.

"Hey listen, I saw what happened...and I'm not an asshole like them", he kinda laughed.

I looked up at him and just looked back down.

"Look, I'm probably not tall enough, but I'll shoot some hoops with you if you want", he said.

I looked back up and him and nodded.

"Cool-come on", he said and held his hand out to me.

I looked at him, then at his hand but grabbed it and he hauled me up.

"Gotta name? Or do I have to keep calling you "new girl" forever", he raised an eyebrow as he grabbed the ball.