Safe Haven

I turned into the left lane and Cody rode up in the lane beside me on his bike, revving the engine.

"So what's this place again?', he asked, looking up.

"I told you-I show you when I get there", I answered staring ahead at the light.

"You know, you really should wear a helmet", a nasally voice erupted from the car next to us, and I glared down my nose at her.

"You know, you really should stop bleaching your hair, you'll look like Britney-bitch", I mocked her, then rolled my eyes and revved my engine-taking off as it turned green.

Her shitty comeback could barely be heard over the sound of Cody and I's bikes speeding away from the light. I breaked a little then turned and went down the ramp, under the freeway to the grass and little trail below. 

Slowing down, I looked around at all the trashcans and cars that were abandoned here, that I pushed together to make a wall.

It was all still here.

I cracked a smirk then revved my engine towards the old torpedo launching station out on the water. After we passed the junkyard, we came to the bridged over to it and I pulled off on a little broken piece of concrete where the walls had fallen, overlooking the water below.

"Woah", I giggled and smirked to myself, looking below as I got off and looked around.

Cody shut his bike off then turned the wheel and got off.

I could'nt help but stand there for a second, looking around. My second home. I was back.

Everything almost felt foreign. I was 13 last time I was here.

Finally I turned over my shoulder to Cody and nodded."Come on."

When I started walking down the bridge, stepping over ropes and walking around overturned boats that were left there. My graffiti lay everywhere along the bridge and the walls of it, as well as the towers.  Cody followed me as I kicked pieces of broken concrete that broke off the towers beside the bridge along the way.

"What is this place?", he asked. I slowly looked up, bobbing my head back and forth as we walked.

"Torpedo launch testing station", I answered."...Be careful going below section C-some they did'nt use are still in the holders down there."

He turned and looked at me and I smirked, shrugging back to him.

Looking ahead again, I came face to face with the warehouse I called home most the time as a kid.