Times Change

At the end of school, I went home then went out into the backyard over to my bike.

"Heller", I sighed as I ripped the tarp off it and let it fall to the ground on the other side of it.

I got on, then put the kickstand up with my foot before I started it up and rode it all the way to the edge of our driveway.

Stopping, I cracked my knuckles before putting my hands back on the handes-and I was about to take off when Christie came out with her big ass mouth.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?", she yelled and I glared over my shoulder at her.

"What the fuck does it look like I'm doing mega-mouth?", I said."I'm goin out for a drive."

"Ugh! Daddy!", she said as she ran back inside.

I looked forward and scoffed as I shook my head.

"Yeah, like getting Dad is really gunna keep me here", I mumbled before I looked over my shoulder again.

A couple seconds later, Dad walked out onto the porch with Christie behind him crossing her arms.

"Rayven Elizabeth Langford-just what do you think your doing?!", he yelled.

I lazily looked from him to Christie and shook my head.

"Ya know, you better be careful Christie-that big ass mouth could get you in trouble one day", I said.

After that I looked at our dad and rolled my eyes.

"I'm gunna go for a drive-if you don't want me to-too fuckin bad-I'm gunna do it anyway", I said as I flipped them off.

"You are'nt going anywhere!! Your grounded", he said.

"Awwww....I still don't give a flyin fuck", I answered over my shoulder.

And with that, I revved my engine and took off down the road.

20 minutes later, I rolled up under the viaduct where the kid told me to go, and rode up to the abandoned building where he was sitting on the steps.