All just pretend (Part 2)

Liam's point of view

I glance over every couple minutes at Louis who seems to be just laying there staring up at Sophia his eyes shutting slowly then opening again as he moves a little bit to keep himself awake.

"Why is that child so stubborn" I sigh to Sophia as she shrugs her shoulders.

"Maybe he doesn't want to sleep because of the party" She shrugs

"No there is more to it than that I know Louis and  I know its not that" I huff.

"Shush Mumma, don't say word, Louis will buy a bird, and if that bird sing, Louis gonna buy you ring" Louis sings softly staring up at Sophia as she smiles at his attempt to copy her.

"Shush little Louis don't say a word Mumma is gonna buy you a mockingbird and if that mockingbird don't sing, daddy is gonna buy you a diamond ring" Sophia soothes stroking his cheeks softly as he doesn't even flinch. He just looks up at her in awe as if he has never seen her before.

For a few seconds he relaxes but starts sucking his lip multiple times his face turning a scarlet red before a Loud wail erupts the car.

"Babe what do I do" Sophia panics rubbing his back as he continues to wail and cry.

He has NEVER been this far in headspace before, we never wanted him to be. Have we pushed him too far now. I don't know what to do we are near the house now so I pull up in the driveway and are quick to jump out of the car rushing round to her side and take him from her arms as she looks pale. I hold his bum and back and press him against my chest as he curls his feet a little to make his legs shorter and begins chewing on his hands, a little slobbering noise coming from him.

"Babe I cant do this all day my arms will kill." I sigh rocking him a little.

"Well if I am honest I didn't really expect to be coming to this party with an infant, I expected him to act like a toddler." She sighs.

"Pass me the baby carrier and grab Lou for a second" I groan as she throws it me and takes Louis from my arms him now crying and thrashing a little more.

I fix up the baby carrier and then look down at the ugly thing. The things I do for him.

"So babe instead of putting him in facing everyone like u usually do, put him in facing my chest so he is like he was a second ago." I tell her as she does what I say and Louis is firmly tucked against my stomach, his breathing in and out pressing against my stomach.

"Here is his blankie" She tells me as I spread it across my chest so he lies on it comfortably once again eating his hands, he really should have a pacifier in.

"Let's go in then" Sophia says grabbing the changing bag and then I grab her free hand.

"I feel like a proper little family" She smiles happily at Louis who is staring at god knows what his head turned to the side.

"He has really slipped and I mean this wasn't a comfortable slip or he wouldn't be crying, he has forced himself to slip and then got scared when he couldn't reverse it" I sigh knowing fine too well what he has done.

"Do you reckon he might wake up a little older" She asks me.

"Probably not for a few days until his head is clear now." I sigh raking my hands through his messy hair.

We open the door and are welcomed to shouting and music all of which frightening Louis and make him cry once again.

"Louis, Louis" Casey giggles running over to collide with me and push me a little back.