Big changes

Things had changed dramatically in the last few months to say the least. Sophia grew more and more miserable as her pregnancy continued, Liam stayed stressed with all the work that was piled onto him sorting all legal battles out and both were now sharing custody of Louis, each staying in different apartments until they had found a way to work around each other's moods. Louis was more than fussed and confused at this sudden change and often spent his time crying, begging and screaming for both parents to look after him however his demands were never met and he continued with his sad crying until he fell asleep. Both knew it wasn't fair on him, both knew how much it was destroying him but their guilt didn't change the fact they were both too agitated to be spending time in each other's company. Today Louis was spending the day with just Liam and the boys which was proving rather miserable as it was just him, Liam, Harry and Niall as Casey was with Jenna and zayn was on holiday.

"So baby what do you want to do" Liam looked up at the small boy.

"I just don't know" he sighed his heart aching more than it had ever done before

He also felt like he did months ago. Unable to see the positive in this big change. He just didn't find anything remotely fun to do on his own. He lay on the sofa suckling his pacifier sadly as he clutched his mother's jumper tightly. Was it always going to feel like this? To miss the other when in presence of his mummy or daddy. This had knocked his headspace back just a little and he was more in control of some of his actions which worried Liam greatly. He knew it was knocking his childlike actions out of the window all this stress.

"We could make some cakes hmm" Liam added softly noticing Louis' tear stricken eyes.

"I just wanna lie here" Louis choked tears now running from his eyes.

Liam was breaking down at the sight. How hadn't they noticed his sadness. They just thought it was shock but it was genuinely hurting him for them to split. He knew Sophia would be broken by the news too. She idolised the small boy.

"Oh baby I'm so so sorry" Liam signed picking up the small boy resting him on his side as he buried his neck into Liam's shoulder.

The violent shaking of his body now suggested that maybe he was now sobbing and Liam almost sprinted to Harry's room to pass him the baby. His paternal instincts weren't regulated with soothing techniques and he knew that Sophia would be needed for that. Harry was shocked when Liam dumped the small child on him as he ran and grabbed his phone. A few dials and Sophia finally picked up.

"I need you to come over here please. Louis is fully heartbroken, we need to sort something out" he jumbled before ending the phone call.

..

The door finally opened after 20 minutes and Liam was relieved to say the least. Louis had thrown up 3 times and once choked on it which was a heartbreaking scene in itself. The boy was so vulnerable and the two had been too selfish to notice. They had really messed up here.

"Oh baby" Sophia gasped looking at her pale faced boy.

He looked up and reached his arms out to her sadly, his pacifier dangling from his teeth as he choked back another tear. With great difficulty she pulled him onto her hip and pushed his head to her chest patting his bum lightly an instant remedy to settle him.

"Mummy loves you boo bear, so does daddy. So do we all" she sighs sadly.

"Stay home mumma please" Louis begged gripping to her. "I'm tired sleep with me and daddy"

She knew how awkward this would be for the two but still stepped back into her and Liam's bedroom smiling lightly as Liam lay on his back shirtless staring at the ceiling.

"Looks like we're joining you" Sophia shrugged pulling off Louis' baby vest leaving him in a nappy and socks before laying Louis chest to chest with Liam.

Liam was taken aback for a moment but was half relieved when she came back holding louis' favourite blanket and her phone in her other hand. The 3 were settled in bed in the matter of minutes and Louis held onto his mother's hand while staring at his daddy's. His daddy had rings and mummy didn't do it was not much of a shock when he changed his mind and pulled Liam's fingers to his mouth sucking on them greedily.

"Hey hey" Liam laughed pulling them out only for him to whine and thrash.

Soon enough familiar plastic was pushed in his mouth and he suckled calmly having his hair stroked by mummy and a patting of the backside from his daddy. This was what he was used to. Both parents asleep in bed with him. He really enjoyed it and now they were being selfish. He wish he could tell them to stay together for him he just didn't know how