Toddlers and tantrums

After the short car journey we finally pulled up in the car park of a lovely Indian cuisine, Louis sleeping peacefully whilst posie stared widely from her seat. It's amazing how aware she is. Even climbing out of the car I headed straight to Louis' side completely forgetting once again I have 2 children now.

"I'll get her don't worry" Liam offers me a simple smile as I lift Louis into his stroller his feet dangling aimlessly over the end.

The fact he's not yet kicked off his trainers and the laces hang over each side of the shoe makes me smile widely pressing my hands to the stroller bar. Now of course I'd like to be able to spend more time with Louis given his circumstances lately but I just can't bring myself to do so without my other responsibilities chasing after me. Now that does truly sound ruthless but Louis holds a special place in my heart regardless of blood connections or not.

"Are you coming through or not" Liam sighs continuously holding the door open with his unoccupied arm leaving me to walk through easily.

It's a beautiful layout in the room but of course I'm finding it difficult to find a place to park the stroller so I end up just lifting him out easily. He of course wriggles in my arms but as I tease his rubber pacifier across his lips he takes it easily before settling back in my grip. His legs continuously kick off my hips but I'm not fussed as I carry him over to the table where all the boys are sat already snacking on little wafers.

"Payno, nice to see you lad. Congrats" Harry is the first to congratulate "and you baby momma, what a stun"

"Thanks" I blush sitting down easily placing him sideways so his legs dangle across my lap and his head tucks into my chest.

His Disney themed pacifier makes him look totally innocent and I smile as posie is placed beside me, taking her small hand into my own.

"What a beauty Mama has" I coo to her watching as she stares in fascination.

It's for me to juggle two children so I hand Louis over to Liam, him instantly whining from the loss of contact.

"Baby" Liam sighs running his hand through Louis' slight curls since not having a hair cut for a while.

"Morning dada" he yawned stretching out in content as he leaned against his chest sleepily "food"

"Yeah baby, you can have some food. How about nuggets"

"Just meatballs and sauce" he replies adamantly looking around at everybody else eating whining as he points to them.

"So am I able to hold my little niece or what" Harry is the first one to stand up walking over as I set the chair so he can easily get her out.

He seems so careful with her and rocks her gently in his arms holding her little hand in his own as he coos at her softly. Louis is too preoccupied with Liam to notice that full attention isn't being placed on him and I'm thankful Liam has distracted him so he doesn't begin acting out in a really public area.

"She's got a look of Li in her that's for sure" Harry smiles fondly his eyes travelling towards the door as Niall walks in, Casey perched on his hip chewing aimlessly on her stuffed rabbit.

Niall had suggested we do something along the same lines of that with Louis and see if he'd rather chew and bite on something that couldn't potentially ruin his teeth but he remained to be pretty certain he found large comfort in his pacifiers and wasn't willing to give them up so me and Liam both decided we'd save the money for him to have braces for him if we ever choose to stop this for him. It was something I thought about frequently, how I'd cope once Louis fully left his headspace behind but I know it won't be for a while yet so I shake my head of the saddening topic and focus on the people in front of me. Louis seems withdrawn as he sits beside Liam holding his arm for reassurance as he looks at the small turtles in the tank, eyes drifting back to me every so often not once catching my reassuring smile.