Moving on

The days went by drastically slow for everybody in America. Louis was being monitored constantly and there wasn't any time where he was alone or either Sophia or Liam had spare time to do anything. Overall, the trip to America was terrible filled with unfortunate and depressive memories. Louis was still in a vulnerable state when they evolved back into London and the pair were finding it more than stressful. With Sophia being transferred into the private hospital to finally be induced for labour, Louis was left alone and confused.

Liam's mum was helping of course but even she was at a loss of what to do with him. He was staying over night there and she was beginning to become tired and stressed with his constant nightmares that he was having, each night waking up either sweating, shaking or covered in urine. It was obvious that he was missing Sophia, he was constantly asking and crying for her leaving Liam and Ruth feeling upset.

"I just really want her" Louis cried as Liam strapped him into the car seat.

Even though he wasn't in headspace, he still had to oblige by the same rules that they had set before he slipped out. His childish demeanours still stood and his crying and whining continued regardless.

"We can go see her if you want today, she's not got any tests or anything" Liam sympathised stroking his hand gently.

"Can we" he asked hopefully.

"Of course, now try have a sleep it's a long drive"

...

When the drive had finished, Louis was awake and fresh, feeling considerably calm and excited to see Sophia. It had been 4 days since he'd even heard her voice and the absence of her voice was the cause of most his nightmares. The fear of no protection played a constant fear in his mind and he still hated it.

"Let's go then love" Liam smiled sadly lifting the boy into the pushchair before pushing it up to the ward she was currently on.

They had both agreed on a private ward however when it came to it she had decided the company would do her good and ended up on a public ward exposed to a set of parents who were also expecting.

"Well hello there baby" Sophia smiled brightly overjoyed to see the boy in a much better physical state.

The cuts and bruises had now began fading and the small smile spread across his lips as Liam lifted him out and into the bed beside her.

"You're looking a bit mucky hmm" Sophia cooed gently "what did you have to eat"

"Just some jam" he replied softly "Can we cuddle"

"You didn't need to ask" Sophia smiled at the boy.

Louis sighed in relief, he wasn't in headspace but he still felt shielded almost enough to put him back into one for just a little while. Liam had left the two alone and had gone to speak to a nurse and the family at the side just admired softly as they themselves were being entertained by their little one.

"Momma's baby all the way hmm" Sophia pulled the boy close to her side and began running her fingers through his hair "always mommas baby Lou"

"Mhm" louis modded gratefully rescuing the bag with all of his items in it.

He handed it to Sophia lazily once again ready to fall asleep knowing this might be the longest sleep he would have had in weeks and lay back in pure and utter content as Sophia scanned through the bag. She pulled out his comforter which he'd had for a while now and was attached to the item along with his pink bottle with held some sort of milk in it.

"I don't want it cold momma" louis finally whimpered noticing her beginning to unscrew the bottle lid so she could feed him.

"Alright boo, I'll warm it how does that sound"