four

l e x i

I stare out the window and watch the houses pass by, trying to distract myself from the nervous thoughts in my head. We're on our way to the first appointment, Harry's definitely more excited than I am. Actually, he's more excited than I thought that he would be about all of this. I didn't really expect any of this to happen. Harry to be happy about it, not add onto his millions of questions by asking if the baby really was his.

He turns into the parking lot and shuts the car off before turning to face me. "Nervous?"

"Is it that obvious?" I roll my eyes and laugh softly, unbuckling my seat belt.
He smiled, getting out of the car, and walks over to me.

"It'll be fine, trust me." I look up at him and nod slowly, grabbing his hand as I shut the car door.

"You know what happened the last time you said that." I smirk and he laughs.

We walk inside and sit down in the waiting room. Harry grabs a magazine and started looking through it, while I looked at him, a bit confused. I cover my mouth, trying not to laugh.

"Since when do you read pregnancy magazines?"

"What?" He looks at the cover, sets it down on the table, and quickly covers his face, clearly embarrassed. "What else am I supposed to do while we wait!? That's all there is on the table!" He says a few minutes later and looks over at me.

"Sit quietly?" I smile at him. "I know it'll be difficult for you, but I know you can do it." He leans back in his seat and sighs heavily.

"Guess I can try, but won't last long though."

"Hopefully we won't have long to wait." I look around the almost empty room.

After about twenty minutes of waiting, my name is finally called. I stand up, grabbing onto Harry's hand, and follow the doctor into the room. I sit on the bed and look over at Harry, who's on the opposite side of the room and looks bored out of his mind. He hasn't said a word the whole time, maybe he really is trying to stay quiet.

At the end of the appointment, the doctor asked if we wanted to know the gender, and before I could say anything, Harry spoke up. "I wanna know. I don't know if you do, but I do." He looks over at me and I nod, agreeing with him. I know that if I don't find out at the same time he does, he'll end up spoiling it.

We both look over at the doctor, waiting to find out. After hearing it, I know the joy he must be feeling, finding out that we're having what he's always wanted.

A girl.