twenty five

l e x i

"Marry me."

I wasn't expecting those words to come out of Harry's mouth for a long time. Is he even thinking right? He's not drunk, does he know what he just said? I need to know.

"W-What?"

"You heard me." He lifts his head up and his eyes meet mine. "I love you, I'm so lucky to love you. I never thought I'd find anyone like you, you make me the happiest man alive. I want to spend the rest of my life with you and hope you want to do the same with me. I can't even put into words how much I love you.

"You put up with me, which is something I thought no one could ever do. You try to help me through anything, no matter how bad it is. I know I mess up a lot, and I'm willing to change for you." Each word that comes out of his mouth surprises me more and more.

"Harry.." I bend down to his level, smiling at him. I can tell he's nervous, which I don't blame him for. "Did you honestly think I would say no?"

"Yeah, I did. I was expecting you to think it's too early in our relationship for us, and that I'm too messed up."

"We've been together for around three years, why would that be too early? Some people get married a month after dating, don't ask me why they do, but I've heard of people doing it. And you're not messed up. You just have some problems, nothing that can't be fixed though."

"But a lot of people wait until like their late twenties or early thirties too, we just got out of school three years ago." Since when does he care about other people's relationships?

"First of all, those are other couples, not us. We can do whatever the hell we want, it's our lives. Second, do you know how many people get engaged in the middle of the schoolyear, or wait until they graduate?" I set the towel down. His face is cleared of blood, now I just need to worry about the bruises that are soon to come. I don't know why he was so worried that I would tell him no, he knows how much I love him and want to spend my life with him.

"True, I just thought you would think I was crazy or something like that..." I push a few hairs out of his face and look into his eyes.

"You are crazy, we're both crazy. But that doesn't mean I would say no. I love you, Harry, and I want to spend my life with you too. I'm happy, and can't see myself being with anyone else. I'm agreeing to marry you." His smile widens and he stands up. "Do you feel any better?" I ask.

"You're asking me how I feel when the girl I love more than anything in the world just agreed to marry me? How do you think I feel?"

"I was asking if you're still in pain from the fight, I can't magically heal you but you're face is cleaned up. You should change into some clean clothes, I don't think these will be worn again."

"But-" He starts but I interrupt him. The last thing I need to hear is him complaining about his bloody, ripped up clothes.

"We can buy new clothes." He nods and walks into the bedroom. I sigh and walk into the living room and sit on the couch, staring at the now empty space from where the table used to be. I still can't believe Emma did nothing to stop Wes from hurting Harry, I don't blame Louis if he tries to keep her away from him for the rest of her life. Not that it would be right for her to do that, it is her life and she can make her own decisions, she just needs to make the right ones.

Harry comes downstairs and walks over to the couch, sitting down right next to me. He takes my hand in his, pulling something out of his pocket.

"What are you doing?" I ask him.

"I didn't have it with me, I'm sorry. I've been planning it for a while but couldn't think of the right time to do it, and it just came right out of my mouth. Believe me, if I would have been able to, I would have thought of something more romantic." I laugh softly at his thought.

"It was special."

I smile, watching as he slides the ring onto my finger. It was perfect, it wasn't one of the ones with millions of diamonds on it, which makes it even more special to me. Harry knows I don't need fancy, expensive things to be impressed. Harry being with me makes me happy enough.

"As long as you're happy with it, I guess I am too. If you can't tell, I'm just happy that you said yes."

"We already went over this!" I laugh softly and lean my head on his shoulder. I almost forgot that Louis, Grace and Emma were still here. Grace is just standing in front of the door, staring at us.

"So it's okay for you guys to get married but it's not okay for me to be with Louis?" The look on her face says it all, I don't understand why she had to bring this up. I was just getting over it.

"Grace, we've known each other for years, and I was going to tell you to have fun." She gives me a confused look.

"Have fun?"

"Dating him. I don't care if you want to be with him, I just want you to be safe. I don't want you getting hurt. I know how much he means to you, and seeing what he did tonight has just proved how protective he can be....when he wants to be." I say, a smile slowly appearing on her face. "He saved Harry, which is something I would have gotten hurt too if I tried, and I just want you guys to be happy." She nods. "You guys should get going home, unless you're staying here for the night. There are extra bedrooms, I just didn't know what was going on with Louis and Emma." Both of them are still outside, I'm sure Louis is beyond pissed at her.

"Thank you, and congratulations on your engagement, I know he makes you happy too. I think he just wants to get home and go to bed. I'll talk to you later." She says and smiles, walking outside.

Harry wraps his arms around my waist, lifting me up as he stands.

"What are you doing?" I laugh, looking up at him.

"Going to lay down in bed." He says simply.

"We're always in bed, why do we even have a couch? We could just buy another bed for downstairs."

"The bed is comfortable and the couch is something for people to sit on when we have guests. We also have a couch so we can watch TV in the living room."

He starts walking upstairs. I feel like we live in the bedroom, he's always going in there. If it wasn't two in the morning, I'd suggest we go for a walk, since we didn't finish the one we were taking earlier. Two in the morning, how did it get so late so fast? Last time I checked the clock, it was four in the afternoon, I didn't know we had company for so long.

We lay down in bed and curl up against Harry, wrapping my arms around his body. I felt safe in his arms, like nothing could harm me as long as I'm with him, which is true. He would do anything to protect me, no matter what is was, and I love him for that.