twenty four

l e x i

Wes' fist hit Harry's cheek hard, hard enough to make Harry stumble backwards. Why is Wes even doing this? It's not like I can do much, he'll hurt me, ignore me, or drag me upstairs with Harry watching just to piss him off. Louis. I run upstairs and into the room he was in, thankfully the door was open, and look over at the bed to find him with my sister.

"Louis, please get downstairs, now. Wes is fighting Harry and I can't do anything about it." He's out of the bed quicker than I thought he would be, his feet barely touch the ground and he's running downstairs. Louis and Harry may bicker back and forth all the time but no matter what, they're always there for each other.

I follow him with Grace right behind me, which really isn't needed, but I'm not going to argue with her right now.

By the time we get down there, Wes already has Harry pinned up against the glass table, which is going to break if he doesn't stop pushing on Harry as hard as it looks like he is. Louis reaches Wes just as the table is about to collapse onto the ground. He pulls him away from Harry, holding a tight grip on him.

"You should leave, now. Stay away from my sister, Grace, and Lexi, you're no good for them. Go find someone who actually wants to be with you." Wes struggles to get away from Louis, glaring up at him.

"Someone who wants to be with me? That's what Emma wanted, just ask her! And sister? Since when? She never mentioned anything about you being her brother, I thought she was just some hot girl that Harry invited over!"

"Stay away from her." He growls, pulling Wes outside. I notice the glass table starting to crack and run over to Harry.

I grab onto his hand. His knuckles were bruised and covered in blood from hitting Wes repeatedly. I didn't even see the damage done to Wes, I was too concerned about Harry, and this all happened so quickly. I don't even understand why this fight was started in the first place. Harry slowly sits up, too sore to be any quicker, and the cracks on the table start to spread. "Harry, the table's about to-"

"I know, I can only get up so fast. He shoved me against anything he could find, I guess the table was the best thing that he could think of." He pulls the end of his shirt up and wipes his face, attempting to clear the blood. Wes must have done a lot while I was upstairs, because none of this happened while I was there. And Emma didn't even try to stop him, I thought she was friends with Harry. I know things aren't always what they seem, but even Harry said they were.

He stands up and looks over at Louis, who's walking through the front door. "Can you help me bring this outside?" He asks.

"Go clean up, I'll do it." Harry nods and walks upstairs to the bathroom. I look over at Louis and he shakes his head, it's like he knew that I wanted to help. "You should go with him." I turn around and walk upstairs, following Harry.

"Sit." I close the bathroom door and grab a towel.

"Lex, I can-"

"I said sit." I'm not letting him do this on his own, no matter how much he wants to. He sighs and looks around.

"Where am I supposed to sit in a bathroom?"

"The toilet or edge of the tub would be ideal." He sits down on the toilet, looking up at me.

"I'm sorry.." He starts to say.

"I'm not angry with you, as far as I know you did nothing wrong. I'm mad at Wes and Emma. Wes for starting it and Emma for doing absolutelynothing to stop him from doing it. Why did he even start anything with you?"

h a r r y

"I don't know." I say, staring at the floor. I try to think of something, any reason he could have but can't think of anything.

Why did he start anything with me? It was probably about Emma, I'm sure he thinks I broke her heart by not answering her when she said everything earlier. I don't know how that counts as breaking someone's heart, I didn't know what to say, and I can't just tell her I love her too, which I don't. I have Lexi. Emma and I are just friends, or at least we were.

Lexi was right, Emma did nothing to stop Wes. She probably told him to hurt me so I know how she feels. She doesn't understand that I'm happy in my relationship, and I'm not looking for anyone else.

I honestly never thought that I'd find anyone to put up with any of my shit as well as Lexi does, she helps me through so much. The last time I got in a fight was in my last relationship, which ended rather quickly. She found out how messed up my life was and threw me out on the street like I was nothing.

I'm lucky to have Lexi, I don't deserve her and she deserves better than me, but somehow manages to stay here. She always believes me, and tries to help me through everything as best as she can.

She doesn't hate me for the mistakes I make when I expect her to. No matter how much I mess up, she still loves me, and I don't think I could ever stop loving her. She doesn't know my whole story, but I'm willing to stay with her for the rest of my life and tell it to her, and hope she listens.

I can't stop my thoughts, they just keep coming. I can't stop my mouth as two words come out of it.

"Marry me."