twelve

l e x i

Sure he would never do that, it's just the thing he would do. He can't lie to me just to try and make things better, I'm not that stupid. If he wants to continue lying, he'll find himself out of this house quicker than he thinks, or I will. He'll also have to find someone else to have a baby with because I don't think we're ready to have one together yet. I should just tell him we can try again later....if we're still together. We're both too angry to talk right now, so I'll just do it in the morning. I grab a sticky note and a pen, writing a note telling him we need to talk when I get up and stick it on the front door, in case he wants to leave.

I walk upstairs and go into the spare bedroom. I haven't been in here forever. The bed isn't as comfortable as the one in our bedroom, but I can't sleep in there tonight knowing that he'll be in there.

Just sleep in your bed, you'll end up talking tonight anyway.

I'm too tired to talk right now, but that would be easier than talking in the morning, then I can go to sleep knowing I said what I had to say. But who knows what he'll do? I need to take the chance that he won't do anything, although it might be easier to make him happy and let him do whatever he wants before talking to him.

I decide to go in our room. He's already in bed, which makes me start to regret my decision.

Just get in bed.

I lay down, staying silent, with my back facing him. He rolls over to face me, wrapping one of his arms around my waist. Is he crazy? We just got in a fight and he's trying to sleep how we always do? Just stop, let him be happy. I stare the wall.

"Lex.." He whispers. He knows I can't ignore him for long, I've never been good at giving anyone the silent treatment. I roll and face him, it looks like he was crying, or maybe it just looks like that because it's dark in here. Harry doesn't cry.

h a r r y

She rolled over, which I wasn't expecting. I figured she'd be too mad to face me, or even come in here.

Just be happy she's in here.

It's taking all I can not to kiss her right now, I don't want to make her more upset than she already is. Forget it. I pull her close to me and kiss her. My other arm slides around her, I refuse to let her go. She brings her arms around my neck slowly. I can tell she wanted this too, I just hope its enough, for now, to fix things.