bonus chapter

lately I've really been wanting to include how lexi and harry met. I've been going back and forth between writing an actual story on how their relationship started and just including it in here, even though this has been completed for quite a while now. tonight i decided to just put it in here as a bonus. it's real short, but it's something that i could always add to in the future. maybe if it works out well, I'll consider making it into a story. if not....i tried lol.

//

ten years ago
lexi

I close my locker, walking down the hallway. I notice my best friend join me, smiling as she does. "Ready for class?" She asks.

"Not really." I admit. It's the first day back from winter break, a new year. I'm not ready to be surrounded by a bunch of people who say nothing but 'new year, new me'. That's all the girls at my school are about and it's annoying.

"Same, but just think. Two more years until we're out of here. Then we'll be off to college."

"It couldn't come fast enough." I sigh, taking a seat in the middle of the classroom.

"It's probably gonna happen quickly. At least that's what all of my family says. Have you chosen what you want to go to college for yet?"

Not that I would tell her, but I haven't even thought about college yet, and I really don't want to. Being in debt and surrounded by sweaty college boys who want nothing but sex? No thank you.

"No, I'm still looking at my choices." I lie, turning my attention to the front of the room as the teacher walks in.

A few minutes later, Elle kicks the leg of my seat and I hear her whisper something to me. "Looks like someone's got his eye on you."

I look around and meet a pair of eyes a few seats away. There's a small smile on his face, and I return it. He's got long dark hair and is wearing a colorful shirt that I don't think even I would have the guts to wear.

"He's cute." Ava says, and although I probably wouldn't admit this to anyone else, I agree with her. He's definitely not someone that I would ever go for, though. Not my type.

I hear another voice and my head snaps to the front of the room. "Am I interrupting something?" The teacher looks between the boy and I, and I quickly shake my head.

"Sorry sir." The boy says, a slight smirk still on his face.

The rest of class goes by quickly, but the boy doesn't leave my thoughts. Why was he staring at me? There's so many girls in our class who are much prettier than I am, and I'm sure they're more his type. He would never go for someone like me.

The bell rings and I reach down, grabbing my bag. Elle and I walk out of the room, and she doesn't stop staring at me. "So....?" She says, and I laugh.

"What?"

"Do you like him?"

"I don't even know him. It's pretty hard to like someone that I haven't even met."

"Well, it looks like you will be. See you later." She says, winking at me as she walks away before I can ask any questions. I'm confused for a moment, but then I notice the boy next to me.

"Does she not like me or something?" He says, and I notice that he has an accent.

"I don't think so, I could be wrong though. She's a busy person." I say, shrugging.

"Sorry for getting you in trouble."

"Don't worry about it." I smile, which causes him to do the same. I decide to change the subject. "Sounds like you're a long way from home."

"What do you mean?"

"Your voice...you sound English."

"Oh, yeah. My step dad got a good job opportunity here so we moved. I feel a bit out of place, though."

"Why?"

"Because I'm a Brit in a school full of Americans, why else?" He laughs and I smile at the sound. I probably shouldn't feel this way about a boy I just met, but I can't help it.

"Oh, don't worry. You'll fit right in and make friends quickly."

"I doubt it, but I'm glad you're confident about that."

"Why do you think you won't?"

"I don't know, I just don't make friends all that easily." I nod, understanding how he feels. I don't really talk to anyone besides Elle.

"I know how you feel."

"What class do you have next?" He asks, changing the subject.

"Lunch. What about you?"

"Same." He says, smiling. "So, we'll spend our time eating lunch together and learning about each other."

"Sounds like a plan."