eighteen

h a r r y

I lay in bed on my phone, texting some friends. Lexi is still asleep, her arms wrapped tightly around me. She looks so comfortable and calm, which makes me happy. I smile and look down at my phone as it buzzes in my hands. Wes.

'are we gonna try again today?'

He tries to get with Lexi and asks to come over again?

'You really think I want to see you after what you did yesterday?'

'come on, we barely even talked'

'You think we have to talk? I had enough talking yesterday the second I saw you with my girlfriend.'

'it won't happen again'

'You're damn right it won't.'

I sigh and set my phone down on the stand next to our bed. He really does piss me off, he's trying to get someone that he'll never have. He knows how protective I can get over people, I don't think I've ever been this protective though. I've never been so into a real relationship before, most girls just used me then left me. Then again, I was known to do that every now and then too. Until I met Lexi.

Lexi starts to move around, I'm guessing she's waking up. She opens her eyes slowly and looks around the room, her eyes landing on me.

"That was a quick nap." I say smiling, it's only been about two hours.

"That's fine." She smiles back, sitting up.

"I don't know if you're interested but Louis texted me saying he's having a party." I say and she nods.

"I could use some fun, when does it start?"

"I normally show up whenever I want since he doesn't care, but we can leave in a few minutes if you'd like."

She nods and I stand up. I walk over to my dresser and pull a shirt over my head and put a pair of jeans on. Louis hasn't had a party in forever, and I hope he didn't tell Wes about it. I'd like to go somewhere that he's not, it'd make my life so much easier. Lexi got up and walked over to the closet, pulling a dress out.

"You're wearing a dress to the party? You know you don't have to dress formally, right?"

"Yeah, but I can dress however I want."

She smirks at me, pulling the dress onto her small body. I grab my phone off the stand and walk over to her, smiling when she grabs onto my hand.

"Ready?" I ask.

"Yeah." She says and we walk outside to the car. I open the door for her to get in and walk to the driver side, getting in too. I buckle and start the car as she quickly jumps to turn the radio on. I laugh softly and she looks over at me. "What?" She smiles.

"You."

"What about me?" She raises an eyebrow, laughing softly.

"Everything, like how you had to rush to turn the radio on." She shakes her head.

"I just want some music!" She laughs. "Now drive!" She yells and I try to hold back from laughing more.

When we get there, there's no cars in the driveway except for Louis'. It's so easy to find a parking spot when you're the first one there. We get out of the car and walk up the sidewalk to the large house and she raises her arm up to knock but I grab hold of her arm, stopping her.

"We don't need to knock, we can go right in." I smile, opening the door.

Is that Grace I see? Why the hell is she here?

l e x i

Grace is the first thing I see when I walk in the door. Why is she here? Shouldn't she be doing homework or something? Then again, today was her first day of school, does she even have any homework to do?

"Grace, what are you doing here? I wasn't expecting to see you." I fake a smile, trying to hide how surprised I am, and walk over to her. It's the best I can do, we haven't seen each other in months.

We start talking and I almost choke on air when she tells me that Louis invited her to the party. Louis doesn't normally invite people that he doesn't really know unless he likes them, like really likes them. At least that's what Harry told me. It's the same way with Harry, I never thought me and Harry would end up together but we did.

I walk over to Louis when I finish talking to Grace and wait for him to finish his conversation with Harry.

"Come here." I grab his arm and walk into the other room, leaning my back against the wall.

"What's so important that we need to be alone?" He asks.

"I need to talk to you."

"About?"

"Grace." He looks straight at me.

"What about her?"

"I just want to know what you think of her." He looks at me with a confused look on his face.

"What I think of her?"

"Yeah, like what her opinion is on her."

"Oh.." He says, looking down at his feet. "She seems nice, she's cute.." He smiles at himself, probably thinking of her.

"Do you like her?"

"Why do you want to know?"

"You must have forgotten that she's my sister, and I know how you are. You don't introduce yourself to someone and invite them to a party the day that it's happening unless you're into them." He shrugs and nods slightly.

"I guess that's kinda true.." He looks back at me. "But she's different."

"So why don't you tell her?" I realize that I'm basically telling him to go into the living room and tell her that he likes her when they just met today.

"I've known her for one day, don't you think that's a bit strange?"

"True. Harry and I knew each other for a while before we started dating."

"About how long?"

"I don't know, you expect me to remember? We were friends a for a while before that." He nods, laughing softly.

"I still expect you to remember." I shake my head at him, smiling.

"Well, I don't. But we should probably go back out there. Be careful with her, she's innocent and gets hurt easily." I say and walk back into the livingroom with Louis following me.

I sit on the couch next to Grace and look over at Harry, who's walking over to me. He sits down next to me, draping an arm across my back. I smile and him and lean my head on his shoulder. I really hope this party gets some entertainment soon because it's pretty boring right now.