twenty

l e x i

I lay in the bed staring at the ceiling. Harry passed out, probably from all of the drinks he had. I'd love to know how I haven't passed out yet, maybe I'm starting to sober up, if I am it's happening pretty quick, but I prefer that over listening to the loud music being played in the yard. It gives me nothing but headaches.

Louis' lucky he has no neighbors, it's after two in the morning, closer to three. His house is like in the middle of nowhere, yet somehow he's still close enough to school to walk.

When I look over at Harry, he's looking back at me. When did he wake up? He groans, stretching his body. His arms wrap around me, pulling me close to him. I hear footsteps coming up the stairs and towards the room we're in. The door opens and I sit up quickly, seeing a girl figure in the doorway. Grace. "What the hell, Grace!?" I yell, grabbing a blanket to cover myself up, and turn a light on.

"I was just looking for a room to lay down in, calm down!" She says. Sure, whatever the hell you say. She steps a bit further into the room, getting closer to Harry and I. "Are you..drunk?" Shit.

"No." I lie.

"Yes, you are!" She stands at the end of the bed, crossing her arms. "You never get drunk. You think that being with Louis would be bad for me, when look at you! This is Harry's fault, ever since you got with him, it's like a switch flipped and all of a sudden you're this girl that's drinking and partying all the time!"

"First, mine and Harry's relationship has nothing to do with your life."

"Oh but my relationship with Louis would be part of yours?" She interrupts.

"I never said that, and let me finish." I sigh. "Second, my drinking is not Harry's fault, it's the fact that I'm an adult and can do what I want. I know the consequences. I'm not drinking all the time and I'm sure as hell not the girl I used to be. I have one life to live and I want to have some fun. Maybe you should learn how to have some fun." She really does need to have some fun, I understand she's still in school but that doesn't mean she can't go out every now and then.

"Whatever, I think it would be a good idea if you went home."

"Who are you to tell me what I should do?" Who the hell does she think she is!?

"I'm only repeating what Louis told me. He thinks everyone should go home."

"Louis wouldn't tell me to go home." Harry speaks up. His voice isn't as slurred as before, but he's still drunk. Louis appears behind in the doorway, looking across the room at us.

"She's right Harry, it's late and I'm not letting everyone stay here tonight. I'm also not going to have fights over relationships here. If it's not your relationship, then don't worry about it. I can drive you guys home." He says.

Of course Grace told Louis what happened, I knew she would do it. He'll be the one she runs to for everything. "I expect to see you two downstairs in a minute ready to go." He turns around and walks downstairs with Grace following him like a lost puppy. I roll my eyes and get up, grabbing my clothes.

I get dressed and wait for Harry to finally get up, which he takes his time doing. When we're both ready, we go downstairs and get into the back of the car. Louis gets in the driver seat and starts the car, leaning his head back in the seat.

Harry's probably pissed, he thought that Louis would never make him go home. Why should he care if there's fighting going on? He's in enough fights on his own and now he'll probably drag Grace into all of the school drama. If he gets her in trouble, that's her problem, she can't say I didn't tell her that it was a bad idea.

The ride home is long and quiet, we were all too angry with each other to say a word. When he drops us off, he doesn't say a word, even when Harry thanks him and says he'll talk to him soon. Louis just nods and drives off.

I walk inside and go into the kitchen, grabbing a bottle of water from the fridge. Harry goes straight to the couch and lays down, pulling his phone out of his pocket. He's not as calm as I thought he would be, I figured he would be fuming because he had to leave the party, or mean because he was drunk.

h a r r y

I pull my phone out and see that I have a few messages. I look through them. Wes, Louis, Grace, most of them from earlier. But the one from Grace is something I never expected to get, I didn't even know she had my number. Louis probably gave it to her, it's something he would do. I still can't believe he made us go home, I always stay at his house the night of the party. Being with Grace better not make him more like her, or her more like him. We don't need a girl to be hanging around with us all the time, although he probably feels that way about Lexi.

Grace's message is nothing like I thought it would be, I thought it would be from before the party or during it asking where Lexi and I went, they did get into an argument about Louis. But her text was mean, like she's been waiting forever to tell me this. Since when did she even have a mean bone in her body? She's always been nice to me, even when I wasn't nice to her. It's like someone else sent it, which wouldn't surprise me.