twenty one

h a r r y

I set my phone down and lay my head back, sighing heavily. Lexi passed the couch that I'm on, not saying a word, and walks right upstairs. I'd go after her if I had the energy to get up, but I'm not moving. My eyes start to close and I let them, not having the strength to keep them open any longer.

I wake up late in the afternoon with a pounding headache. Yay, my favorite part of drinking, the next day. I stand up and walk upstairs to the bathroom, looking through the cabinets for some type of medicine to help my head. I take the medicine and turn the shower on, pulling my clothes off.

I can't stand being covered in the smell of alcohol, it doesn't help me feel any better, but the warm shower does. My head doesn't feel as bad as it did before, but the pain is still there.

I step out of the shower and dry myself, reaching for my phone after I pull my clothes on. Part of me thinks that I should answer Grace and see what that text was about. What if it wasn't even her? Did someone make her do it? Before I know it, my fingers are dialing Grace's number and pressing the call button. She answers on the third ring, her voice low and quiet. "Hello?" She says.

"What the hell was with that text you sent me last night?" I decide to get straight to it, not leaving any time for her to ask what I called for. I walk out of the bathroom and into my room, sitting on my bed.

"Text? What are you talking about?" How can she not remember? I'm almost positive that she wasn't drunk, so there's no reason not to.

"The one where you started blaming bunch of shit on me, what other messages would I be talking about?"

"I don't recall any such thing." She's so much like her sister it's not even funny.

"Grace don't play games with me I'm not joking around."

"Harry, who says I'm joking?" I roll my eyes and sigh.

"Grace tell me the truth now." She sighs heavily.

"If you want to know the truth then meet me.." She pauses and talks to someone, I'm assuming Louis. "At Louis' house in a few minutes." Why Louis' house of all places?

"Fine, I'll see you there." I say and hang up. Going to Louis' house was not something I wanted to do today, especially with what happened last night. I stand up and walk downstairs.

"I'm going out, I don't know how long I'll be gone." I look over at Lexi, who's giving me a worried look. "I'm sure I won't be drinking, I just need to talk to Louis about something." She nods slowly, walking over to me.

"I'll probably just get some shopping done, or catch up with some friends." She says and wraps her arms around me. I reach down and kiss her softly, pulling her close to me. "Please try not to come home drunk this time."

"Okay." I say and pull away. "Have fun shopping." I smirk and she laughs softly. I turn around and open the door, looking back at her. "I mean it, have fun at the store." I walk outside and look in the driveway. Shit, Louis drove us home last night. Lexi has her car, but I don't want to bother her by asking to use it or for a ride. I start walking down the street, since his house isn't far away.

When I get there, Louis' car isn't in the driveway. I check my phone, Grace didn't tell me if she was here yet. There is someone sitting on the porch, who I realize to be his sister Emma.

"What are you doing here?" I question. She looks over at me, giving me a nasty look. She's normally being a bitch to me, which I'm guessing is what she'll be doing today. "Grace told me to stop by here so she could talk with me." Does she even know Grace? "Grace is Louis'-" Before I can finish, she interrupts me.

"I know, I met her last night." At the party?

"You were here last night? And didn't even say hey to me? Wow, feeling the love." I say, pretending to look hurt, and sit on one of the steps across from her.

"I have no love for you." She rolls her eyes. "So no need to feel it. Anyway, I'm sure that Grace told you to come to so you could talk about the message you received last night."

"How do you know about that?" I look over at her.

"I know everything, which is something that you should know by now." I nod slowly, she was right. She does seem to know everything.

"She said that if I wanted to know the truth, then I had to meet her here. So where the hell is she?"

"She's out with Louis, I guess they went to the tattoo shop or something like that. But she's not here." Wow, that's something I would have never figured out on my own. "Who do you think wrote that message?" A smirk slowly appears on her face. I should have known it all along.

"You wrote that and had her send it!?" I yell. I can't believe that Grace would listen to her, or even think of doing something for her. Emma always does this, she gets people to do things to other people to piss them off.

"Why would you do such a thing? What have I or Grace ever done to you?"

"Well, it's more of 'what did Lexi ever do to me?'" My eyes widen. She can't bring Lexi into this, she knows that's what really gets to me though.

"She took away my chance of being with someone I happened to like, the first person I ever had feelings for. Ever since we met in like first grade, when I first saw you, I felt something I've never felt before. You may think of me as a bitch, but deep down, I actually do have feelings. I'm sure that you think otherwise, but I do. It's not me trying to be a bitch to you, it's me taking my anger out on someone because I'm hurt. I chose to have that message sent to you instead of her because you would believe that it was Grace, blaming you for what you did to Lexi."

I can't even process what's going on right now. With Wes, Emma, Grace, and everyone else, I'm realizing more and more how messed up my life is.

//

thank you for over 500 reads with 100+ votes, I never thought that anyone would actually read my stories when I put them on here!