nineteen

l e x i

I pull my phone out of my pocket and text Grace, even though she's right next to me.

Me: He said he likes you, which is exactly what I told you. He agreed that it's not like him to invite someone to a party he's having the day it's happening, he told me what he thinks of you. Gonna believe me next time?

I send the message and she looks over at me before responding.

Grace: Why hasn't he said anything to me then?

She replies and I sigh lightly, biting on my lower lip.

Me: He just met you today and didn't want to rush things.

Grace: If he wants to say something, I don't care. He doesn't have to worry about it being rushed. We get along well, so why should it matter if things are rushed?

Is she crazy?

Me: You just met him! You can't start going out with someone that you just met today whether you get along well or not. You barely know each other.

Grace: I can do whatever I want. Just because you're older than me doesn't mean that you can control my life or who I date. I never have a say in who you date, do I? How long did you Harry know each other before started dating!?

She knew that would piss me off, which is exactly why she said it.

Me: That's my relationship and we knew each other for more than a day. We were friends long before we started dating.

Grace: Don't try to run my life, okay?

I'm done texting her. If she wants to get into a relationship with some stranger that she just met, then she can do whatever the hell she wants, I don't 'run her life.'

I go to stand up when Harry's arms pull me onto his lap. "Where are you going?" He whispers in my ear. What's with the whispering? It's loud in here, did he think being closer to my ear would help me hear him better? I guess so because I heard what he said.

"A different room, I can't sit in here any longer." His arms loosen around me as he sits up. "You can come if you want." I say and he nods.

I get off his lap and walk into the kitchen, looking around for something to drink. Alcohol wasn't exactly what I was looking for but at this point, I'm going to need some if I want to have fun, and if I wanna be in the same house as Grace and Louis. Harry leans against the counter, watching me.

"You're drinking?" He looks at me, surprised with my choice.

"Yeah." I pour some of the whiskey from the bottle into a plastic cup and look at him. "Are you having any?"

"How will we get home if we both drink?" He has a point.

"There's extra bedrooms. Or a taxi. We could also walk." I say and he shrugs.

"True." He grabs a cup and reaches for the bottle but I pull it out of reach.

"I'll pour it!" I say, pouring just enough to fill the bottom of the cup and stop. "Is that enough?" I ask, smirking.

"Maybe for you." He says and I laugh, pouring more into his cup.

I take a drink from the cup, leaning against the counter, and watch people. There's so many people here, more than I thought there would be. A lot of the people are definitely drunk, and Louis is nowhere to be found. Neither is Grace. I need to stop thinking about her, both of them. She has her own life, I have mine.

I don't even realize how many drinks I've had until I find myself gripping the counter to stand up straight. Harry's across the room, sitting on the edge of the counter. There's so many damn counters in here, how many does Louis need? This house is huge. No wonder he has all the parties.

I reach for the bottle to refill my cup and frown when nothing comes out. Did Harry and I really have that much? I see another bottle and grab it, filling my cup to the top.

Harry walks over to me, standing in between my legs.

"We should do something fun.." His voice is slower than normal and his eyes are slightly red.

"Like what?" My voice comes out slurred.

"Like.." He stands in front of me thinking of something to do. "Go to where people are."

"People are in bedrooms with their people." That made no sense at all.

"Oh well." He tugs on my arms, pulling me off the counter. "Let's gooo..."

"Okay." I agree, having no clue where we're going.