sixteen

h a r r y

We walk silently, down the street from our house. My phone buzzes in my pocket and I reach down to see who it's from. Wes, one of my close friends.

'we still on for today?'

Shit. I forgot he was supposed to be coming over.

'Yeah, but I'm not home right now. 30 min?' I respond. .

'i'll be there.'

I slide my phone into my pocket and look over to see Lexi looking at me.

"Something wrong?" She asks.

"My friend's coming over, if that's alright with you." She nods.

"Should we head home or is he coming over later?"

"He said he could be there in about half an hour, so we could just take our time walking back."

"Okay." She nods, and we start walking back to the house. I figured I'd forget he was coming over, I do this every time. Her hand squeezes mine and I smile a bit.

Wes better not even think of touching her, hell, if he looks at her the wrong way he'll lose his teeth before he can say another word. He's the type of person to mess with someone else's girl, just to piss them off.

By the time we get home, he's sitting on the porch on his phone.

"I thought we agreed on 30 minutes?" I look down at him and he laughs.

"I'm sorry that I wanted to get out of the house. Is there a problem with me being here early?" I shake my head and he turns his attention to Lexi. I pay close attention to him, hoping he doesn't do anything stupid. "Harry, you never told me your girlfriend was so hot."

"You better be joking." I glare at him, pulling her closer to me. Lexi looked up at me.

"Harry, calm down. He's obviously kidding." Is she really defending him?

"Of course." He smirks. I should get her inside, it's not smart of have them out here together. Now I remember why he and I don't hang out much.

"Let's go inside." I walk inside, keeping my arm wrapped tightly around her waist. He follows, sitting down on the couch.

"I'm gonna take a shower, please keep your distance from him. Maybe you could join me." I mutter in her ear, smirking slightly. She shakes her head slowly and quietly says 'not now.' Wes coughs and I narrow my eyes, looking over at him.

"You have a visitor, save the sex for later. Also, you suck at whispering."

I roll my eyes and kiss her softly, walking upstairs.

l e x i

Keep your distance? What's that supposed to mean? I doubt he would do anything to me, we don't even know each other. I sit on the couch, resting my head on my hands.

"Something wrong?" Wesley asks. I wasn't even introduced to him, thanks Harry.

"Just a little tired." I lift my head up, smiling slightly at him.

He scoots over so he's right next to me. Maybe I should have taken Harry's advice just to keep safe, I wasn't expecting him to sit this close to me. I rest my arm on the couch and my cheek on my hand, watching Wesley out of the corner of my eye. He sets his hand on my upper thigh and continues to look out the window like he's doing nothing wrong. I sigh pick his hand up, moving it onto his own leg.

"Something wrong?" He repeats his question. I just met him and already find him incredibly annoying.

"I have a boyfriend who I'm happy with, if you didn't notice, and I know that he will not hesitate to beat the shit out of you if you don't stop." He rolls his eyes.

"Do you think that matters to me? A good boyfriend wouldn't leave his girl in here alone without his protection while he was in the shower, especially while another man is with her. I could treat you so much better, baby." Baby. It sounds so wrong coming out of his mouth. I shiver and he leans closer to me.

"Just leave me alone, okay? I know your intentions and I'm not interested."

"I can't promise to leave you alone.." He laughed lightly.

"Do you want Harry to beat the shit out of you?" He will, I know him better than to think that he wouldn't.

"Harry hurting me? Ha! I'd love to see that happen." Before I could answer, Harry showed up. Perfect timing.

"Me too." He said, glaring at Wes.