five

h a r r y

A girl. I wasn't expecting it to actually be what we wanted. I look over at Lexi. A huge smile spread across her face, looking up at the screen showing the baby on it. Our baby. I smile, walking over to the bed, and stand next to her, holding her hand. She squeezes mine, looking up at me. I kiss her forehead and look at the screen, unable to keep a smile off my face.

The car ride home was quieter than normal. Lexi was too happy to find the words to speak, and I feel the same way. I pull into our driveway and get out of the car, walking over to her side of the car. She opens the door and looks up at me, grabbing onto my extended hand.

We walk into the house. I walk into the kitchen and open the fridge, looking for something to eat. Lexi follows me, hopping onto the counter, and watches me. I close the fridge and walk over to the counter, standing in front of her.

"Are you hungry?" I ask, wrapping my arms around her waist. She shrugs, hugging me tightly.

"I ate before we left." A small smile appears on her face. "I'm happy we chose to find out what the baby will be. I'll have less things to think about for the next few months. Hopefully less questions from you to answer." She laughs softly. I kiss the top of her head, lifting her up.

"I'm just happy that you're happy." Her legs wrap around my waist and I lift her up, walking towards the stairs.

I lay down in the bed, keeping close to Lexi. The next few months will be long for both of us, at least she won't have to do it alone. I'll always be by her side, whether she likes it or not. I don't plan on leaving, and I hope she feels the same.

//

this is really short sorry