twenty two

h a r r y

I stay silent for a few minutes, Emma's words not leaving my head.

'She took away my chance of being with someone that I had feelings for.'

'It's me taking my anger out on someone because I'm hurt.'

She knows I'm happy with Lexi, so she has to come along and try to mess things up. I'm not leaving Lexi for her, I couldn't and would never do that, I love her too much, even if she didn't love me back I could never stop. What if she finds out about this? How would she feel? Beyond pissed, I'm sure. I sure as hell would be mad if someone else wanted to get with her.

Emma shifts in her seat and stares at the sidewalk. "I knew I shoudn't have said anything, forget I even said that." She stands up and opens the door of the house. I don't even know how to respond to what she said, I never expected those words to come out of her mouth.

I stand up and look inside the house. Emma was sitting on the couch, and looked pretty upset. I don't want her to be upset about this when she should know better.

A car pulls into the driveway and I look over to see Louis' car with Grace in it. I walk down the steps and start walking down the sidewalk, hearing footsteps behind me.

"I thought you came here to talk?" Grace. I stop walking and turn around.

"I already found the answer I needed, so I'm going home. There's no point in me being here right now, and I just want to relax. A lot has happened today." I say and she laughs. Why the hell is she laughing?

"Harry, it's only two in the afternoon. How can so much happen?" If only she knew, which I'm glad she doesn't.

"It just has, okay? I've barely seen Lexi all day and I would like to."

"Does Lexi run your life or something? I mean, I'm surprised you didn't bring her with you." I'm glad I didn't.

"She doesn't run my life, she is my life. You should know, you've known and been with Louis for one day and it's like you're already obsessed with him." I decide to use her own words against her. "I'm surprised he's not over here with you."

"Me being with Louis has nothing to do with you leaving or being unable to leave my sister's side. I'm nothing like her, and I will never be, so don't think of starting to compare me to her now." She's totally wrong, she's exactly like Lexi was when we first met.

"Maybe you need to see Lexi more often, so you can see just how wrong you are. Then again, maybe you shouldn't. I don't want her to be more like you." She begins to answer me but I interrupt.

"I'm going home, don't argue with me. If Louis wants to come over later, you and Emma can come with him but don't expect me to say much to you." I say and walk to my car, which is parked in the street. Grace probably doesn't even know that Emma and I know each other, but I need a way to get Emma to change the way she feels about me, and change how Wes feels about Lexi. I pull out my phone to text Louis and Wes, asking them to come over later.

When I get home, Lexi is in the kitchen with grocery bags at her feet. She looks over at me and I laugh softly. "How much did you buy?" I ask, walking over to her. "The whole store?"

"I don't think four bags could fit the whole store, and only two of them have food. The other two are clothes and other stuff."

"Other stuff?" I smile and pick up one of the bags of food, starting to put the food away.

"Yeah." She laughs and hops onto the counter. When I finish, I walk over to the counter and stand in front of her.

"You didn't tell me, did you have fun shopping?" I kiss her, pulling her closer to the edge of the counter.

"If you call waiting for half an hour in line to check out fun, then yes. And thank you for not coming home drunk." She smiles up at me. Believe me, I could use a drink right now. "Grace said she talked to you."

"Of course she told you." I roll my eyes, looking down at Lexi. Grace may not exactly like Lexi, but she seems to tell her everything.

"Did you bring up her dating Louis after a day of knowing him again?" She knows me too well, but I can't tell her what happened.

"No, we just ran into each other. I was going to stop by Louis' house to talk to him but he wasn't home. I think they went to the tattoo shop together." Her eyes widen.

"Grace in a tattoo shop, never thought I'd hear that. She always talked about wanting one but wasn't old enough."

"Why should it matter if she's old enough? I was in the shop before I was the right age.."

"You knew someone." She cuts me off. That's true though. "Grace probably only wants tattoos because of Louis, or to make me think she's an adult and can make her own decisions. I doubt she got one just because she wanted to, she could have done that alone."

"You had yours before we met though." I say and lift Lexi up, pulling her off the counter. I reach down for the bags left on the floor and walk upstairs, setting the bags on the floor and her on the bed.

"What was the point of bringing me up here?" She lays back and looks over at me as I sit down.

"It's been a long day for me, and please don't say what time it is. Grace already told me." I say, causing her to laugh. "Louis and Wes are coming over in a bit, I know what you're thinking but Louis is bringing his sister with him. Hopefully that will keep him away from you." She nods slowly. The party was just last night, but I can't wait any sooner to do this, even though it just happened.

About 15 minutes later, I hear a knock on the door and walk downstairs. I open the door and see Louis and Wes, already arguing. I decide to watch, just to see what will happen or if they'll ever notice that the door has been opened. Emma looks at me quickly from behind Louis and I sigh, hoping her and Wes get to talking quickly.

She pushes passed Louis, with Grace behind her, and walks inside, glancing at me again once she sits down. If Grace even thinks of starting anything tonight, I'll kick her out of here faster than Louis did to Lexi and I last night. Wes shuts up, finally noticing me, and smirks.

"Look who finally figured out how to dial my number and invite me over."

"Shut up and get your ass inside. You too Louis, you guys are probably pissing the neighbors off." They both walk inside and I notice Wes' attention go immediately to Emma. Good, that's exactly what I wanted. He walks over to the couch and sits next to her, starting a conversation before he sits down. This better work, I didn't invite all of them over here for nothing.