twenty three

h a r r y

The four guests are sitting in the living room on the couch talking to each other, Lexi's cleaning, as always, and here I am sitting in the kitchen hoping for my plan to happen. Emma eventually moves over on the couch and onto Wes' lap, giving me a slight feeling of happiness. I didn't want to crush her feelings for me, I just want them to slowly go away.

Lexi walks into the kitchen and leans against the counter, looking down at me. "Why aren't you socializing?"

"I'm not a social person." I look over at her. "I thought you knew that." She smiles at me.

"I do know that, but if you're not going to be social, then why did you invite them over here in the first place?"

"Something to do." I lie, which I hate doing, but I can't just come right out and tell her that my best friend's sister is in love with me and hates her.

"We could have found something to do..."

"I know, but I figured we could just chill here tonight. We went to Louis' house last night but it didn't work out well. I was hoping this may fix things." I say and she nods slowly. I can't tell if she believes me or not, I'm lucky if she does.

I might as well try to talk to them, or just sit and watch but in the same room. That counts as socializing, doesn't it? I stand up and walk into the living room, sitting down in a chair across from the couch.

Lexi's eyes are still on me, she's probably making sure that I talk. Louis starts a conversation with me about school, which I honestly couldn't give two shits about. I graduated and got out of that place as quick as I could. He would have been out of school before me if it wasn't for the fact that he started school a few years late and failed a grade. I wonder if he's even told Grace that. She's quiet tonight, I don't think she's said two words.

"Louis you know you guys can go upstairs if you want, there are spare bedrooms." Maybe that will make her come out of her shell, this definitely is one boring house right now. Louis nods and walks upstairs with Grace following right behind him.

Lexi must have gone upstairs, she's not in the living room anymore. She's probably reading or on her phone. She doesn't have a job yet, which she needs because I don't want to be the only one working. She lost the one she had since the place closed and since then, she's had trouble finding something new. I should ask her if she's found anything yet.

l e x i

My phone buzzes on the table next to the bed and I pick it up. Harry.

'Have you found any jobs you like yet?'

'What makes you think my answer is any different than it was a week ago?'

I respond. Why is he texting me when he could come up here and talk to me face to face?

'One week can make a difference.'

He's right, it actually does. I have found a few jobs, but I've been waiting to tell him.

'I found one I like, I just have to go in.'

'Okay.'

That's all he wanted, to know if I got a job yet? And when I tell him I might have, all he says is okay? He seems so happy for me. He didn't even tell me that guests were coming over until about ten minutes before they got here, giving me no time to get ready.

It's been an hour and a half since I came upstairs and I've been starving the whole time, but I refuse to go into the kitchen with Wes down there. I can't wait any longer, I haven't eaten all day. I get out of bed and walk downstairs, hoping I can be quick enough to get into the kitchen without him seeing me. Luckily, I make it just in time. He's standing up with a blonde girl at his side, one I've only seen at Louis' parties. But she's never been anywhere near Wes.

I've been too busy wondering who the girl with Wes was to realize Harry came into the kitchen. "Who's the girl with Wes?" He hesitates before answering my question.

"Emma, she's Louis' sister. Most of the guys have sisters who are around a lot, I'm sure you'll get to know them." Wes walks into the kitchen and stands behind Harry, fists at his sides. He looks angry, and I can't think of any reason for him to be. Harry turns around and Wes' fist connects with his cheek immediately.

//

sorry for the short length, I just finished school for the year and now I have exams. I'll try to update more since I won't have to worry about school. thanks for 700 reads(: