eight

h a r r y

She seemed off, like something was wrong. I wasn't sure if I should ask, maybe it's something I said earlier. Is it about me asking her to choose what to do? She hates choices, but why would she be mad at me for that? Maybe it's because I wouldn't let her help get breakfast ready? But she's normally happy when I do everything. I'm doing the best that I can to help her have an easy pregnancy, even though she's only a few months through. It's not like I've just started doing this though, I've always done things for her. I don't think that's why she's upset, if she even is. Whenever I think something's wrong, I end up being wrong. But she hasn't said much since breakfast. I really should talk to her, I just don't know what to say.

"Are you okay?" I ask. What a stupid thing to say.

"I'm fine." She answered. Fine. Fine never really means fine. She only says fine if she's upset. If she wasn't upset about something, she'd say anything besides 'I'm fine'. I look over at her.

"You always say that you're fine when you're upset."

"I'm not upset, okay!?"

She has to be mad at me, she wouldn't yell at me like that if she wasn't. At least I don't think she would. I have a habit of being wrong with her. I stand up and walk over to her, grabbing into one of her hands.

"I'm sorry, it just seems like you're upset about something. You know if something's wrong, you can tell me. Right?" She takes a deep breath and sighs.

"Can I just have a little space?" I nod slowly.

Must be the hormones. I turn around and walk out of the bedroom and downstairs. Most girls eat ice cream when they're "in a bad mood." I guess I'll call it that.

I walk over to the fridge and open the freezer, grabbing a container of ice cream, then reach for a spoon out of the drawer. I walk back upstairs and put the ice cream and spoon on the table next to the bed, walking out of the room quickly. If she wants space, I want to make sure I stayed away when she wanted me to. I hope she wanted the ice cream. I probably would have looked pretty dumb walking in there with ice cream if she didn't want it.