seven

l e x i

The next morning, I wake up to the smell of food cooking. Harry's still home and should be at work by now. Is he staying home? Maybe he's going in late. I get out of bed and walk downstairs into the kitchen to find him standing in front of the stove.

"Good morning." He says, looking back at me quickly. I smile at him, walking over to him.

"Are you staying home today?" I asked and he nodded.

"With how much work I did yesterday, they told me I could stay home today. I just thought I would make us breakfast and we could just spend the day together." He smiled even wider and wrapped his arms around me tightly. "Was there anything you wanted to do today?" I shrug.

"Not that I can think of. You know I'm bad with thinking of things to do." I laugh softly as he pulls away.

"So start thinking." He continues to cook and I lean against the counter, watching him. I honestly didn't know what I wanted to do, he knows better than to ask me.

About five minutes later, the food was ready. I open the cupboard to get the plates and look up to see they're too high up for me to reach.

"You did this on purpose, didn't you?" He smirked and walked over to me. He was clearly trying not to laugh.

"Maybe." He grabs them and sets them down on the counter before kissing my forehead. "Sit down."

"But I want to help..." I pout.

"Sit down." He repeats. "I want to do it."

I shake my head and grab the plates, starting to walk to the table. His arms wrap around me, pulling me back, and grabs the plates. He sets them back down on the counter and lifts me up, sitting me down in a chair. I laugh, looking up at him.

"I have legs for a reason!"

"And you weren't using them to walk yourself to a chair and sit." He walks over to the counter and puts food on the plates, then sits down.

He hands me my plate and starts to eat. I do the same, staying quiet. Harry didn't say much, and when he did it was just one or two words. I wonder if his reason for staying home was true, or if there was another reason. When I finish eating, I get up and walk over to the sink, washing my plate.

Surprisingly, Harry didn't stop me. I grab his plate when he's done and wash it, I didn't want him to make breakfast and wash the dishes. I start to walk upstairs and he follows me.

"Where are you going?" He asks. I really don't understand why he always has to know what I'm doing. Our house isn't that big, I'm not going to get lost.

"I'm getting my clothes and taking a shower." He nods and I walk into the bedroom.

I walk over to my dresser and grab some clothes, then walk into the bathroom. My shower is longer than normal, but I can't help thinking about Harry. He seems different today. When I first got up, he was happy, and while we we're eating, he seemed mad about something. Maybe he wasn't, but it's not like him to be silent. Even if it was about the dishes, that's no reason to be mad. I just wanted to help, don't make a big deal out of it.

I get out of the shower and dry off. I noticed the bathroom door was open so I get dressed and walk into the bedroom and over to the bed, where Harry was.

"Did you come in the bathroom?"

"Yeah, you dropped some of your clothes."

"Oh, thanks." He nodded. I sat on the bed and grabbed my phone, quickly reading through my notifications.