Chapter Four ~

It was noon and little Emma was still as quiet as a mouse. Namjoon had turned on the TV in the living room and switched it to the cartoon channel. He told her where the bathrooms were and his room in case she needed him. He said that the kitchen was at her disposal as long as she didn't break anything and if there was something that the rich kid couldn't do for herself, he would be glad to help.

Namjoon was in his room, finishing the final stages of cleaning out his ex's stuff. He didn't want anything left over from her. He didn't want to remember her. The male wanted her memory gone, and he would be willing to do just about anything to get rid of the moments that played on repeat in his mind. The way she used to smile at him when she saw him waiting for her to get done with school. The moments where she would cling onto him for warmth in the winter's cold. The way she said his voice so lovingly was on an endless loop in his brain.

Namjoon was too lost in his thoughts to hear the footsteps coming to his room.

"Um... Hello?" a small voice said.

Namjoon turned around to see Emma looking nervously up at him. She had finally stripped away her heavy coat and scarf. "What do you need?"

"There's a girl at the door," Emma responded. She looked behind her as if the said girl was looming down the hallway instead of outside. "She sounded angry."

Namjoon walked towards the little girl. "What did she say?"

"Something about still loving you," Emma answered. "Is it your mom?"

The male chuckled dryly. "No. It's not." He went to go answer the door but quickly stopped. "Hey, maybe you should stay in here."

Emma nodded and sat down on the floor where she had been standing. Namjoon felt a smile curl at his lips. She was so awkward and quiet, nothing like he imagined a nine-year old would be.

Namjoon trekked down the stairs and towards the front door. He could hear his ex asking to be let in, saying she was sorry for cheating. He couldn't wait to break it to her that they were never going to be a thing ever again.

---