Chapter Nineteen ~

Hoseok clamped his hands over Namjoon's mouth like a teen girl who was about to get exposed. "Don't talk so loudly about it!" he hissed through gnashed teeth. "If her mom finds out about it, she's going to have my head."

"It's not like I already don't," Namjoon snipped. "I thought you were my best friend."

Hoseok sighed, looking around the dark hallway outside Emma's room. The door was cracked, and a pink light was shining through from her night light. The kid was asleep, buried under a mound of princess-themed blankets. "I am, Namjoon, but if I can't keep this job, I won't be able to go to school."

Namjoon rolled his eyes. "Take out a loan."

"It's not that easy!" the other groaned. "If we're going to talk about this, I'd rather do it at your place or mine. Though, I'm rarely ever home."

"Can you at least answer one thing while we're waiting here?" Namjoon questioned, exasperated and worn out from all the questions running through his brain.

Hoseok pursed his lips, looking anxious. "Depends on the question."

"Emma told me that she's okay with me being her babysitter as long as I don't love her mom. Is this some weird reoccurring theme with her sitters?"

Hoseok crossed his arms, thinking a bit. "Sort of, I guess. I think she's finally catching on the fact that every sitter she's had ends up being her 'dad' for a short a little while. I don't know, though. I'm not seven anymore."

"You sure do act like it at times," Namjoon murmured and Hoseok stomped his foot.

"Do you want me to help you or not?!"

---

two updates :)