Chapter Forty ~

The café wasn't much. The décor was done in different shades of brown and other neutral tones. There was a bookshelf with various kinds of novels with a sign at the top that said, "Take one, leave one." Namjoon had left a few of his there and took ones that he wanted. He only kept his utmost favorite books. There were normally only one or two people working at a time, brewing coffee or putting another batch of muffins in the oven. It wasn't a popular place, but it was quiet, meaning it was one of Namjoon's favorites.

Miyuu had come over to sit with her niece and ex as they watched people pass by the window. People watching was one of Namjoon's hobbies, and he did it quite well. That's what Miyuu had said, anyway.

"Do you have any plans for today?" Miyuu asked when she sat down.

Namjoon shrugged, not looking at her. "I just didn't have anything for Emma to eat at the house and she didn't have much at hers."

Miyuu nodded. "Sis eats out a lot."

"I could have told you that," Namjoon quipped, before stifling a laugh.

Miyuu's face went red before she erupted into a fit of giggles. "That's not what I meant!" she gasped.

"Well, I'm still not wrong, am I?" Namjoon replied, grinning, turning his head to see his ex holding her hand in front of her face to block her smile. He never knew why she did that.

Miyuu just laughed. "That's awful, Namjoon. You shouldn't joke about these things." She cleared her throat, fanning herself. "Even though they're super funny."

The two waited for their chuckles to become silent before they said anything else. "So, are you just going to take her back home? Sis doesn't have any plans for her?" Miyuu questioned.

"Not that I know of," Namjoon answered. "The only time I've ever had to take her anywhere was earlier this week when she had a doctor's appointment. I had to bring her to her mom's work. Met her boyfriend in the elevator."

Miyuu rolled her eyes. "I can't stand him. He came in here one day saying it was cheaper than his other regular stop and then said I looked just like his girlfriend."

"What'd you say?"

"I told him that his coffee was $1.75, and he could put the sugar in himself," Miyuu snipped. "And then he started talking about her and blah blah blah. He just gives me the creeps."

"I don't think Emma likes him," Namjoon stated, looking at the little girl who was almost finished with her muffin.

"Hey, Emma, do you know Jimin? Your mom's boyfriend?" Miyuu asked the girl.

Emma didn't look up, but instead took another bite of her muffin. Miyuu just sighed and figured she wouldn't answer. She began to ask Namjoon something else to clear away the awkward tension, but Emma spoke up.

"He doesn't know how to tuck me in."

---

merry christmas cherubs <3333333333333