Chapter Forty Six ~

The door opened to reveal none other than Park Jimin. Namjoon watched as the male looked at the both of them, probably wondering why his girlfriend's assistant and daughter's babysitter were wearing matching sweaters. He then cleared his throat and gave them a fake smile. "What brings you two here?"

"We wanted to take Emma out to uh, get some ice cream," Hoseok stated quickly.

Jimin's eyebrow rose. "It's twenty degrees out, and you want to get ice cream?" Namjoon and Hoseok nodded enthusiastically, causing Jimin to smirk. "I'm afraid she can't join. She has a bad cold due to her babysitter neglecting her."

Namjoon's eyes widened. "What?"

"Apparently, she ran outside in the middle of the night during that giant thunderstorm that came through last night to her babysitter's because he wasn't there like he should have been," Jimin accused, his eyes glaring daggers at Namjoon.

"What do you mean? She came to my house because she woke up scared and no one was here for her," Namjoon explained.

"Yeah, I know. You were supposed to be here," Jimin hissed. "Momo called you to take care of her because we were going out on the town and wouldn't be home until late."

Namjoon gave him an incredulous look. "That is such... bull shit!" His veins were pumping blood that was slowly rising to a dangerous temperature. "I never got a call from anyone asking to babysit Emma that night."

"Do you really think I'm going to trust a babysitter who's not getting paid over my girlfriend?" Jimin asked rhetorically.

Hoseok bit his lip, finally bursting. "You listen here, you snake, I don't know what kind of trick you're trying to play with us, but it's not going to work." He took a deep breath, not used to confronting people. He narrowed his eyes at Jimin. "Emma's mom is a bitch and she's not going to ruin my friend's life like she has her daughter's."

Namjoon looked from Hoseok to Jimin a couple of times before he noticed a grin make its way onto Jimin's face. The short male chuckled before stepping back. "Consider yourself fired, Jung Hoseok. And for future reference, try not to call a CEO's girlfriend a bitch."

Two doors slammed shut – the door to Emma's prison and the door to Hoseok's future.

---