Chapter Twenty-Nine ~

Namjoon sped to the door and quickly threw it open. He hoped it would be Emma, someone who would occupy him by asking to watch TV or for some hangers again. Only it wasn't his little friend, but rather his older one who looked rather distressed.

"Okay, so like, Emma's mom kinda got angry and went home early and told me to leave because, I don't know, someone at the office ticked her off, so I came by because I would probably forget to Monday," Hoseok spoke at the speed of light, and when he finished he exhaled sharply. "Oh, and why's Miyuu's car here?"

"She's in the kitchen and uh, it's personal," Namjoon answered.

Hoseok observed Namjoon, looking him up and down a few times. "Well, you don't look like you've been doing the nasty. Do I need to leave? Were you about to?"

"Just come in," Namjoon groaned, but the corners of his lips were turned up into a small smile. Though Hoseok could be annoying, his humor (dirty or not) somehow always made Namjoon's mood better.

Hoseok walked right into the kitchen, taking off the vest that was over his white button up that matched the one Jimin wore when Namjoon met him. "Hey," he stated, giving a small wave to Namjoon's ex.

Miyuu waved back, her lips opening and mouthing a "hey" back. Her eyes said she was still occupied in her mind, though.

Hoseok, sensing this awkwardness, sat down and looked at Namjoon as he came in. "Alright, so I have tea."

Namjoon took a seat in between his two friends. "Well don't keep us waiting. It might be good to start a plan today and maybe get Emma with her dad once again as soon as possible."

"Okay, okay." Hoseok pulled his legs up in the chair and crossed them before unbuttoning the first two buttons of his pressed shirt. "I can breathe again."

Miyuu sighed. "Hoseok."

"Right, okay." The oldest got his thoughts together before looking at both Namjoon and Miyuu in turn. "So, Jin emailed me last night."

"What did he say?" Namjoon asked at the same time as his ex.

"Jinx," Hoseok giggled before clearing his throat. "Oh, he just asked the usual. Asked about Emma and how she was and what she was into and if I was doing good and about Mrs. Arai. He told me that he has been super busy because they're moving office buildings and he's been traveling to different cities for work since he's like, the head guy you know. He said that's why it's been so long since his last email."

"Did he say where they were moving?" Miyuu asked.

"Yeah, because if the business moves, won't he?" Namjoon added.

Hoseok swallowed. "Um, yeah. He's uh-" Hoseok rubbed the back of his neck nervously- "moving out of the country."

---

so i'm kinda hyped about this book because i think i want to finish it next but like, it's gunna be a lengthy book so it'll take me longer.

still hyped