Chapter Fifty ~

When the three pulled up at Namjoon's house and saw another car parked in front, each wondered if they should get out or not.

"Do you think that's him?" Miyuu asked, staring at the black car like it was a carriage of death.

"I don't know what he drives," Hoseok answered, his leg bouncing at a rapid pace as he turned the car off.

"It's what Yoongi drives, or at least what he drove when he came by," Namjoon told them. He gulped before grabbing the door handle. "It's now or never."

Hoseok let out a long and exaggerated sigh before he unlocked the car. He immediately heard the back door open as Namjoon got out and approached his house.

"No one's in the car," Miyuu stated, getting out as well. Neither of the boys heard her as they walked up to the house. The trio felt like the world was standing still as their heartbeats began to take on a much quicker pace. When they got to the front door, no one dared to touch the knob and enter.

"I didn't lock it when I left," Namjoon murmured.

"He might be in there already, then," Miyuu said.

"I'm going to throw up," Hoseok gulped, his stare burning a hole into the metal doorknob.

Namjoon swallowed. If Jin really was inside, this meant that the moment the three had worked for was finally about to happen. But was he ready? What if Jin told them that he didn't want to see Emma or her mom? What if Jin said that he wasn't here to get her but to finally admit that he didn't want her in his life?

What if Jin was finally letting go of his past?

Namjoon opened the door and heard quiet murmuring as he entered his home. He heard footsteps and a chair screech against the linoleum floor in the kitchen. He turned the corner and was met with two people – one acquaintance and one stranger.

"Your door wasn't locked, so we welcomed ourselves in," Yoongi said nonchalantly as he leaned against the counter. Yoongi had tried the knob when he and Jin arrived earlier and when he found that it was open, he decided it was best to go ahead and enter, even if his boss was loudly scolding him behind him.

The other male timidly stood from his seat. A wool coat was snug on his body and his caramel-colored locks were kept nicely. A kind smile was painted on his face as his brown eyes found Namjoon's. "I'm so sorry for intruding but Yoongi is too persistent sometimes. Allow me to introduce myself, though." The male outstretched his hand across the table toward Namjoon who quickly approached to shake it in greeting. "I'm Kim Seokjin, Emma's dad. But please, just call me Jin. I hate being so formal all the time."

---

he's here~