Chapter Eight ~

"You don't look very happy to see me," Hoseok snorted as he walked past Namjoon into the house. "Geez, Miyuu really hurt you that bad, huh?"

"I'm over it," Namjoon growled.

Hoseok smiled and handed Namjoon a book. "It finally came in today. They were selling pretty fast so I thought I should get it for you before they were all gone."

Namjoon's eyes widened as he took the thick book from his friend's hands. It was the next book in a series he was reading and he was dying for it to come out. "How much do I owe you?"

Hosoek chuckled. "Nothing. Consider it a gift."

"Thank you, Hobi," Namjoon said. "You've actually managed to make me smile after that break up."

"That's what I'm here for!" Hoseok cheered.

"Hobi?" a small voice called out. Namjoon looked to see Emma's head poking out from around the living room's entrance.

Hoseok's smile vanished. "Emma? What are you doing here?"

"Do you know each other?" Namjoon asked.

Hoseok looked at Namjoon. "Urm, yes, we do." He took Namjoon's arm and walked into the kitchen. "I would rather talk about it without her around."

Namjoon crossed his arms. "Well I'm babysitting her."

Hoseok's eyes clouded over with something unreadable. "That's great, I guess."

Namjoon's eyebrows furrowed. "What are you hiding?"

Hoseok sighed and sat down at the small table in the middle of the kitchen. He propped his feet up and crossed his arms over his chest. "It's not so much about Emma. It's about her mom."

"And?" Namjoon said, urging his friend to continue.

"Has Emma told you about her dad leaving?" Hoseok asked.

"Yeah."

Hoseok took his feet down and sat up more. "Well, I know the reason.

"Emma's mom isn't, what do you say? Regretful?" Hoseok pondered the word he was looking for. "Yeah, her mom doesn't exactly regret letting Emma's dad go. The whole reason he left is because she was having multiple affairs.

"I go to work with her mom. That's how Emma knows me, and I know her babysitting schedule. I'm the one that picks out her babysitters and what days she needs to go so the mom doesn't have to worry about Emma walking in on her and her lovers. You know what I'm saying?"

"Wait, you're Emma's mom's assistant?" Namjoon asked.

"Sadly," Hoseok answered. "Anyways, I'm actually supposed to pick her up from all her babysitters but this time was different, you see. I didn't know you were babysitting her and now it's awkward because I don't what I'm supposed to do." Hoseok took a deep breath. He had started talking at the speed of light, something he did when he was nervous. He leaned in close to Namjoon. "Her mom is, uh, 'doing the do' at the office right now and I don't think she's going to be returning home anytime soon."

---