Chapter Twenty Four ~

"Where's your sitter?" Emma's mom asked her daughter.

Namjoon saw Emma point to him. "He's right there." Her voice was rigid and monotone.

There was a hum before the mom spoke again. "Alright. Hoseok, go see to it that her sitter is shown out properly."

Hoseok stood and bowed. "Yes, ma'am," he replied stiffly. He then pushed past Jimin, who then, in turn, stepped in the room and cracked the door behind him. Namjoon felt a little uneasy as Emma was alone in there with a mother who didn't care for her and a guy who obviously made the little girl uncomfortable. But Hoseok drew him out of his trance as he grabbed the boy's arm. "Got everything?" he asked. "Need to use the bathroom or anything?"

Namjoon went to answer but the mother's voice made him fall quiet.

"Jimin, Emma has a doctor's appointment and would you mind taking her? Her papers are right here," she said, her voice sweet.

"Of course," Jimin purred. "Precious Emma needs her check-up, don't she?"

"No," Emma whined. Namjoon pictured her dodging Jimin's hand as it went to rest on her shoulder.

"We need to get going," Hoseok whispered. "Jimin has a short temper and I can already tell his patience has run out with you."

"Emma, be nice to Jimin," the mom scolded. "He's done everything to help us out, and you can't act like a nice little girl."

"He can't replace Daddy, though," Emma murmured. Namjoon looked over at the door, to make sure Emma was okay, but the door shut before he heard crying.

---