Chapter Forty Nine ~

The three sat around a small table, quiet. The café wasn't that busy around them as they took impatient sips from their drinks. Hoseok had gotten a water while the other two settled for coffees. "Caffeine makes me break out," Hoseok reasoned. He pointed to an emerging pimple on the side of his nose. "I had a coffee at work the other day and this thing popped up that night." He then frowned, looking outside. "My old job, anyway."

"I'm sure you'll get it back," Namjoon said. "Or you'll get a better one. Just ride it out. You'll be fine."

Hoseok gave his friend an unimpressed look. "I get you're the smartest and everything, but for once I'm going to say you're wrong."

Namjoon just sighed, leaning into his hand. He stared into his coffee mug as if the secrets as to why today sucked would appear in the form of creamer.

"It's ten past eleven," Miyuu said. "He should've been here by now."

"Maybe his car died, too," Hoseok murmured, laying his head down the table.

"I feel like he would've told us," Miyuu stated. She grabbed her phone to see if any texts had come through, forgetting that she hadn't given Jin her number.

The two continued to lounge around and ask for more refills until an hour had passed. Hoseok had woken up from his nap and looked at his phone to see the time. He murmured a curse under his breath before his phone started to ring. He hastily answered. "Yes, sir?"

Namjoon and Miyuu immediately knew the person on the other end was Jin and they waited for Hoseok to relay Jin's message to them. Namjoon silently prepared for the worst. "I can't make it and my schedule isn't free anymore. I'll never get back to you guys and I'll never see Emma ever again." He shuddered at the thought.

Hoseok and Jin continued to talk until the call ended and Namjoon's friend stood. "He said he had a bit of trouble coming in and wondered if it would be too much to just talk at your place, Namjoon. I told him that was alright."

"That's fine," Namjoon agreed, standing and beginning to get out his wallet to pay for his coffee.

"Do you think we should get him a coffee or muffin? To make it up to him," Miyuu suggested.

But the other two were too focused on trying to find enough spare change in their pockets to pay for their own drinks.

---

eeeeeeeeee

ok so I just completed this book and do you guys want me to post a chapter every day until it ends or spread it out? you tell me hehe~