Epilogue ~

Namjoon yawned and placed another dirty plate in the sink to be washed later. The storm outside rumbled on and the rain slapped against the windows in a continuous stream. He glanced at the watch he still wore from earlier and hummed as he read the time. It was almost eleven at night and he was just about to get to bed when he heard a knock on the door.

It was a year after Emma and her dad were reunited. So much had happened since then, though. Emma wasn't the only one who moved to a new house and picked up a new life. For starters, a month after he lost his job, Hoseok moved back to Gwangju to work at his family's store. He decided that leaving and going back home for a while was the best way to get back on his feet. Jin had contacted him and offered him a job at his company, and after realizing he wanted to go to school, a spot at a nice university that was already paid for. However, Hoseok turned the offer down and set his sails for Gwangju. He and Namjoon aren't as close as they were as they probably only talk once every couple weeks, but they always pick up where they left off.

Miyuu and Namjoon stopped talking altogether. Namjoon wouldn't have cared to be friends with her, but Miyuu decided it was best to just give up everything entirely. She moved out of her apartment shortly after Hoseok left and flew back to her mother's country, Japan. Her mother was sick and needed to be taken care of and the family decided it was best for her to be back home with family. Miyuu's mom was scared to go alone, so Miyuu offered to make the move with her. And that was the end of Miyuu's and Namjoon's story.

Miyuu's sister, Ms. Arai, had to downsize when Jin sent her a nice letter explaining that he was no longer paying for the house. She had also lost her job at the company she worked at, leaving her to find some other way to get money and a house. She didn't let go of her immoral ways, of course, so she was bouncing from guy to guy to provide her with shelter and some cash. Namjoon couldn't be happier knowing that Emma was finally out of her care.

Yoongi finally decided that he'd stay with Jin and the company. He and Namjoon were good friends now and he was slowly learning that yes, trespassing is a crime and you can't get away with being attractive all the time. He was still working as Jin's assistant and he had no intention of leaving the job anytime soon.

Jin and Emma moved overseas after a while when the company finalized its relocation. They left earlier than the whole company, as planned, and Namjoon was there when they boarded the plane. Emma was sad to leave, but since she was with her father, she knew only good things were ahead of her.

And as for Namjoon, he stayed in his quaint two-story home-

"Oh, hell no," Namjoon suddenly snipped, narrowing his eyes in a glare at no one in particular. "I made a promise and I keep my promises."

Okay, okay, when I said Namjoon was there when Jin and Emma boarded the plane, I meant that he was also boarding the plane. Jin had asked him to move with him as he was still going to be a busy man and he would hate to have to find a new babysitter for the young girl. Besides, Emma would have a complete come apart if she realized that the promise Namjoon made to her meant nothing.

Namjoon opened the front door and grinned when he saw a little girl standing in front of him. "She begged me to bring her out here," the male with her sighed, adjusting his grip on the umbrella he held. His name was Jungkook, and he took care of the landscaping and mechanic work Jin's fancy house needed. He would normally be at his home by now, but he was still trying to figure out why the lights weren't turning on in Emma's bedroom. She refused to go to bed until they were and Jungkook just set to work right away.

"These are yours," Emma stated, gesturing to the hangers that she held. "I have my own now."

Namjoon took them, chuckling a bit. "Emma, you can keep them. I don't need them."

"But I borrowed them," she said. "And daddy says you're supposed to give stuff back because then it's stealing. Like Jungkook hasn't given me my cookie back yet, which means he stole it."

Namjoon shot a suspicious glance to the younger boy and he sheepishly grinned. "Well, I ate it-"

"Well, thank you, Emma," Namjoon said, bending down so she could give him a hug. They then bid their good-byes and Namjoon began to turn the lights off in the guest house. Jin had insisted that he lived with them so it would be easier for him to take care of Emma while her dad was gone, and Namjoon reluctantly accepted. A clap of thunder shook the house and rattled the limited décor in the house. Any other day, Namjoon would have stayed up to make sure Emma didn't need him, but he rest assured knowing that her dad was only down the hall with open arms.

Yes, Kim Seokjin was busy, but his daughter was his first priority and would always be now that she was finally with him again.

---

UGH IT'S OVER

ok ok I'm sorry this was so drawn out and took way too long to complete, but thank you for reading and supporting it!! it is a book that is very close to my heart for no particular reason except that namjoon is a softie and you can't change my mind

anywayyyy, again, thank you my cherubs for loving this book and reading it! i really appreciate the love you have shown toward this book because I honestly had no clue if I was going to continue it when I first started to write it. again, thank you, thank you, thank you!!

and lastly, if there are any unanswered questions, leave them here! i will answer them if there are any, so don't be afraid to ask!

see you guys next time, cherubs~