Chapter Twenty Six ~

"I don't know if there's a whole lot right now," Hoseok spoke into his Styrofoam cup in the break room. Namjoon probably wasn't supposed to be in there, but Hoseok dragged him in any way. "I thought your ex said she was going to talk about it with you some more when I saw you two the other day."

Namjoon's eyes wandered to the ground. "I think she's too busy at the moment."

Hoseok looked up to ask why, but seeing the hurt look in his best friend's eye made him stop from saying anything more. He continued to sip on his room-temperature coffee as if he enjoyed it.

"Maybe I'll just have to call her one day," Namjoon continued, trying to push away all the sad thoughts. "I don't care if it ruins her plans with her new... guy. We need to get Emma with her dad."

"Hey, next week, I'll be able to get off earlier," Hoseok said, finally speaking to his friend and not to his cup. "There's a holiday or something next week and if I have to come in at all, it'll only be a few hours."

"Monday?" Namjoon asked. It was currently Wednesday, leaving just enough time to tell Miyuu what the plan was.

Hoseok nodded. "Yeah, Monday. I'll let you know for sure after work today." He looked at the clock and stood, tossing his cup in the trash. "My break is up. You better get on home. I'll talk to you later?"

Namjoon nodded and began to walk over to the door. "Let me know for sure, okay?"

Hoseok sighed. "I'll try my best."

---