Chapter Fifty Three ~

"I believe this is yours," Yoongi's voice cut through the background noise around Namjoon as the shorter male approached him. He held the coffee mug he had taken with him from his first visit on the end of his index finger.

Namjoon took it gently. "Oh, uh, thank you." He looked at the cup and then bit his lip. "Um, you didn't wash it?"

Yoongi scoffed, crossing his arms. "Was I supposed to?"

"No! No," Namjoon quickly said. "It's no biggie." He sat the mug in the sink to be washed later. "Um, thank you for putting in a good word for me."

Yoongi came up beside him and leaned on the counter. "It's the least I can do for someone who only lives on mustard. Besides, you bribed me with coffee. I can't say no to that."

"Not to mention you broke into my home," Namjoon noted, giving Yoongi an irritated look.

Yoongi's brows rose and he pointed to himself, feigning surprise. "Who, me? I don't believe I know what you're talking about. Besides, I didn't break in – you left the door unlocked. I just opened it and entered."

The two were silent for a minute before Yoongi exhaled a bored sigh in the absence of something to talk about. Namjoon spoke up. "Are you moving with Jin? To the states?"

Yoongi shrugged. "I don't know yet. He said he'd understand if I wanted to stay here, but I don't really have a reason to." He looked at Namjoon. "Would you?"

"Depends," Namjoon answered. "If I had a job here that paid well, probably not. And then if my family was here, I'd most likely stay. But your job is with Jin, so."

Yoongi nodded. "Well, Jin-hyung pays well, as you can probably expect, and my family is in Daegu. I moved out right after high school to go to college in Seoul here and then I went to work for Jin-hyung about four years ago right about the time he was promoted. He needed an extra hand and I needed money." He sighed. "Not really what I expected to be doing, but I didn't really expect to make as much money as I do, either."

"Well, he seems nice enough to stay. I mean, he doesn't seem rude like all the CEOs in books and movies are," Namjoon replied, looking in the living room across from him where Jin and Hoseok sat talking. Miyuu seemed to be watching the TV that was on at low volume, but Namjoon knew that the dazed look in her eyes meant she was just thinking.

"Oh, yeah, definitely," Yoongi agreed. He straightened up, leaning off the counter, before heading to the living room where the others were. "I just hope he's got enough of a backbone to get his daughter back. It'd be a shame if he let his ex walk all over him."

Miyuu caught a shadow of a car speed past the house from behind the curtains. She looked over before quickly walking into the kitchen to stand by Namjoon to view the neighbor's house. Namjoon joined her and gulped when he saw the car stop in the drive. "They're home."

---