Chapter Six ~

Namjoon walked back up the stairs. Was I too harsh? Should I have not been so sarcastic? He dismissed all the thoughts running through his head. She deserved it.

He walked into his room and was surprised to see Emma standing in the same spot he had left her in. "Oh, you're still here."

Emma only nodded her head.

"So what did your mom mean by 'I'm the only person you like'?" Namjoon asked.

Emma didn't say a word.

"Can you talk?"

She nodded.

"Why don't you talk to me?"

She shrugged.

"Are you hungry?"

"Who was that girl?"

Namjoon was caught off guard by her question. "She's an old friend. We don't really get along anymore."

Emma nodded. "Why aren't you friends anymore?"

"We just had an argument," Namjoon answered. "You wouldn't understand."

"My mom and dad had an argument," Emma said. "He left and I haven't seen him since."

Namjoon was quiet. Emma's dad left her? He felt sympathy but he didn't know how to respond. "I'm sorry to hear that."

"It's okay," Emma replied. "Mom said that she never loved him anyways and said that I shouldn't worry about it."

Namjoon felt an awkward presence in the room's atmosphere. "Oh."

Emma nodded. Her brown eyes looked curious as they roamed around the room. Her eyes landed on the bed before quickly darting back to her babysitter. "I would like to go home."

"I don't think your mom would like that, Emma," Namjoon said.

She pouted before she walked past him. "I'm going to watch TV."

Namjoon only nodded. "Uh-huh." What a weird kid.

---