Chapter Fifty Five ~

"I'll be crying in my pillow if you need me," Hoseok said as he exited Namjoon's house late that same night. "Night!"

"Night!" Namjoon and Miyuu called after him. Yoongi and Jin had left earlier right after Jin shared the good news to the four that were waiting at Namjoon's. They had gone back home to return later in the week to take Emma with him. Now that Hoseok was gone, it was just Miyuu and Namjoon.

"I'll walk you home," Namjoon volunteered willingly as he remembered Miyuu had walked.

"No, it's fine," she insisted, but Namjoon shook his head.

"I have nothing better to do this late at night. Besides, who knows who's lurking out there?" Namjoon chuckled, grabbing his keys and gesturing to the door. Miyuu exited with Namjoon behind her who remembered to lock his front door.

The two set off down the sidewalk. It was probably a fifteen-minute walk to her apartment, leaving plenty of time for Miyuu to say what had been on her mind all day. It was almost freezing and she thought back to those days when Namjoon would envelop her in his coat as they walked around the city during the winter. Her heart tugged. "Namjoon, can I talk to you?"

The male nodded. "I'd rather walk and talk rather than walk in complete silence."

Miyuu gave him a small smile before it quickly vanished. "Um, today, listening to Jin talk about his ex... I couldn't help but think of us."

Namjoon bit his tongue. He thought he had already told her off. "What about us?"

"Maybe we can have a happy ending, and not one like Jin and my sister," Miyuu stated.

Namjoon sighed, but Miyuu continued talking. He figured it was only polite to let her share her piece before he told her his feelings once more.

"I'm sorry, Namjoon," she confessed. "I'm so sorry I cheated on you. I don't know why I thought it wouldn't hurt our relationship, but it did, and I'm sorry. I hated seeing you cry knowing I caused it and I tried to act like I didn't care and wasn't upset, but I miss us. You supported everything I did and always showered me with more love than I did you." She huffed, quickly wiping away a few stray tears. "And I deserved it – you throwing out all my stuff, not letting me in, yelling at me. I was okay with it because I knew that I deserved it all. But I'm tired of acting like I didn't love you, too, because I did. And I'm sorry that I ruined it."

They stopped at a crosswalk and Namjoon wondered if she was done. She was not.

"And I guess seeing you act all nonchalant around me now has just killed me. It's like we never even had anything, Namjoon. You look at me the same way you look at Hoseok, which, now that I think about, is kind of weird. But still, knowing that I'm just a friend – if I'm even that, now – just tears me up inside. And I know that I can say 'I'm sorry' a million times and never gain back the trust you once had for me, but truly, Namjoon. I'm sorry."

The wind howled around them in a violent wave, tossing around dead leaves and trash that littered the sidewalks. Miyuu tugged at her hair to keep it from tangling in the harsh gusts while Namjoon tugged at his coat to keep it from letting any cold air in. The two turned the corner and Miyuu frowned, seeing her apartment building approaching them in the distance. "Namjoon, please, say something."

The two kept walking before they made it to the building. Miyuu looked at the wooden doors to the apartment building before she looked up at her ex. And even though the wind was bitter and packed the punch of a thousand men, she knew the tears in Namjoon's eyes weren't caused by it.

---