Chapter Forty One ~

"Hey, come back sometime," Miyuu had said when Namjoon and Emma left the café. Namjoon had just said a quick good-bye and a "we will" before he scooted out of the small building that smelled of black coffee and chocolate. Emma had told her aunt thank you before going back to being silent.

"Now where should we go?" Namjoon asked, more to himself than to the little girl who was holding onto his hand tightly.

Emma didn't answer as expected.

"You don't want to go back home, do you? There's nothing to do there," Namjoon stated, hoping to come up with something.

"Miyuu was the girl at your door that day," Emma said, looking up at her babysitter with suspicious eyes.

Namjoon thought back to back to the very first day he had watched over little Emma. He remembered cleaning his room, getting rid of everything his ex had owned. Emma had come upstairs to tell him someone was at his door, saying that they still loved him. Small world.

"Uh, yeah," Namjoon answered. He figured it was no use to lie to her.

"Did you love her?" Emma kept on.

Namjoon sighed before nodded. "Yeah, I... I did."

Emma looked back down to the sidewalk, her head down. The two walked a little further, hand in hand. They came to a crosswalk and stopped, waiting for their turn to cross. A few others were standing around, looking at their watches and hoping the traffic would pass quickly so they could get to their destinations.

Just before the light turned for them to walk ahead, Emma looked back up at Namjoon. "Appa loved eomma, too."

Namjoon looked down at the little girl and gave her a small smile. "I'm sure he did. And he loves you, too."

They walked forward.

---