Stuck (part2)

He may have sounded careless before but Jimin unknowingly wondered, in some part of his mind, if Jungkook really meant what he had said. He knew him well, they were pretty close. He couldn't possibly like a girl just because she was good at gaming. No doubt, he loved games and all but that wasn't a solid reason to be attracted to someone. Maybe he, himself, didn't know but Jimin was somewhat concerned, he wondered if Jungkook really met her again and as he had mentioned to him, if he extended his hand for friendship, would the other person be nice to him? He didn't want him to get hurt, he knows Jungkook can be sensitive at times and it might not seem like it but its very easy for him to get hurt in such situations.

They reached home and Jimin turned the volume down of the music which the other had turned on only a few minutes ago.
"Were we supposed to bring anything on our way back?"
"I don't think-" he looked at Jimin with wide eyes, "Flour."
For a moment they got scared but then,
"The shop hadn't opened yet." They both presented the idea of a typical excuse, in unison.
Jungkook got out of the car and started walking towards the door, Jimin was a little behind since he had to lock the car and check for open windows, etc.

He noticed how the other's face was down, he took bigger steps to come right next to him. Tapping on his shoulder, he called out his name so that he'll look at him.

He began thinking maybe what he had said earlier to him was the reason of Jungkook being in low spirits or maybe it was that girl. He was still in the middle of this process, called 'overthinking', when Jungkook let out a cold 'what?'. It wouldn't have been like that but Jimin had literally forgotten about him after tapping on his shoulder, himself, and Jungkook had to ask it twice to get his attention back.

"Nothing, do we have food?" That was all he could quickly think of, in the midst of telling himself that he could make him more mad, by bringing up everything again.

Jungkook stared at him for good 3 seconds before speaking,
"Jimin-Hyung? Jin-Hyung probably made food already. Remember, he does it every weekend and had started making it when we left?" He raised his brows up and Jimin closed his eyes momentarily before deciding to tell him the truth.

"Okay, that wasn't what I wanted to say." Both of them stopped right outside the door and the other waited for him to continue.

"I wanted to know if you're okay." Jungkook gave a look of slight confusion.
"She didn't ruin your mood too much, right?" He blinked understanding what he meant.
"Uh no, she didn't." He shook his head and gestured towards the door to tell him to unlock it.

They got in and Jimin forgot about what happened immediately when Hoseok's high voice almost tore his ears. They realized they were just on time, the food was all ready and set on the table proving that the need to bring flour wasn't too big; they could save the excuse for later like they always do.

"Ughh" Jungkook groaned.
All he wanted was to take a break. He had thought after hanging out with Jimin, he'd feel relaxed but that couldn't be done. A beautiful day had been 'ruined', like Jimin said.

His mind kept playing that little event on a loop in his mind; how his life was suddenly hit by a high-pitched voice of a girl, how her sudden words had, at first, kept him from taking a note of what she looked like, how her strong, almost aggressive look on the screen had made his eyes freeze and just how he traced her steps that, obviously, went in a direction away from him.
He remembers she wore a black skirt, her little leather jacket hugging her tiny waist and her medium-length dark brown hair swaying as she took long angry steps in frustration and then out of that gaming-zone she went.
Such a teenager!
He chuckled.

But he, too, was a teenager then, wasn't he? Anyway, the questions like why she couldn't recognize him or Jimin popped up in his mind followed by the thought that maybe BTS wasn't so famous, after all, and the final conclusion was that most probably only he lacked recognition by the people of his country. Still the worst part was his big mouth's work; he didn't know why but he regretted expressing, in front of Jimin, that somewhere, he wanted to know her.

He took a deep sigh and turned the tap on, he had walked all the way from the living room to his room. He decided to freshen up a little and to divert his mind, he went downstairs, afterwards, to sit at the dining table and eat food with all of his hyungs.
It was nice, everyone was eating, talking about random stuff -a perfect calming, domestic feeling.
But for how long?
Just then Yoongi decided to bring everything back to his mind by asking where they both were since morning.

Jimin got a little scared of the consequences but said these words, nevertheless.
"We were out playing games with Kookie's crush" he giggled.
Everyone had funny and confused looks on their faces and decided to ignore Jimin's childishness.

The other boy was not pleased by it because last time he checked he wasn't deep in admiration for that girl, he just couldn't stop thinking about her because she was different and whatever she did was unexpected, but he smiled anyway because when he thought hard, he realized he had been acting not-so-sweet with Jimin since the time he had lost 4 games in a row. He felt guilty, so after finishing his food, he gave him a tight hug from behind.

Okay not so tight.

He would've thrown up.

Anyway, he smiled and Jungkook knew things were okay.

___________________________