Chapter 2

"Emily, get up! We're gonna die!"

Jacks voice rang in my ears as i looked back to see the walkers only a few metres behind us. I quickly got myself up and grabbed Jack in my arms, I started to run again. I started to see a building come into sights and a boy maybe 13 years old stood near the fence, hell if he doesnt kill us, the walkers will.

"HELP! HELP!" I started to shout, I caught the boys attention and he shouted to someone then pointed to us, a man with a crossbow and a woman with a samurai sword appeared, the boy pointed to us and they looked, the man and woman ran off and a few minutes later they were stood infront of us, when we got to them i started to shoot the walkers. When they were all gone i turned to the two people. "Thanks so much" I said gratefully, they nodded and smiled. "Ya out on ya own?" The man said, "Yeah, have been for 6 months, just me and my little brother" The woman looked at the man and she nodded. "How many walkers ya killed?" He asked. "Um, maybe like 60 - 70, i dont really keep count" I replied. "How many people you killed?" He asked, "None" I said. "Can ya give us ya weapons?" I reluctantly handed him why guns, "Follow us" he said. We followed them into the gates of the what looked like a prison. A young blonde girl and the boy stood at the gates, ready to shut it. They then followed us to a man who was planting crops. "Rick! People!" The man shouted. The man who i now knew was Rick, looked up at us, "You ask them the questions Daryl?" He asked the man with the crossbow. who i now knew was Daryl. "Yeah, 60 - 70 walkers and no people" Rick nodded and then turned to us. "If you stay here with us you live by our rules, you try anything, your gone" he said to us. I nodded "Im Rick Grimes, this is Daryl Dixon, Carl grimes, my son, Beth Greene and Michonne." He introduced us. "Im Emily Rigg, this is Jack Rigg, my little brother." I said. "Come with us and we'll introduce you to the others and show you where you can stay." I nodded and followed them into the building that said 'A Block' I saw a group of people stood in a room. "Everyone, this is Emily and Jack Rigg, they will be joining us here, Emily, Jack, This is Hershel Greene, Maggie Greene, Glenn Rhee, Andrea and Judith Grimes, my daughter" I looked at the small baby, and tears started to form in my eyes, she looked like my baby sister. I turned around and started to walk away before i felt a hand on my shoulder, "You okay?" Daryl asked. "The baby, Judith, she looks like my baby sister, I dont know what happened to her, we had her before us 2 and my older sister got split up" I told him, he called Rick over, obviously he didnt know what to say, he told Rick what i said and i felt an arm go round me, "Its gonna be okay Emily, its horrible losing family i know, i lost my wife a few months ago, but the pain stops eventually" He told me, I nodded and wiped my tears, "Sorry, im being stupid" I said, "No your not, look, Daryl and I are going on a run tomorrow for supplies, you want to come?" I nodded and he handed me my guns. "Remember what i said, dont try anything stupid" I nodded and he showed me and Jack to a cell with bunk beds. "Thankyou Rick, tell the others I say thanks too" He nodded and walked away. "Jack, your in the top bunk, its safer." He seemed happy and quickly jumped up to the top bunk, I smiled and put our bag of supplies on a cabinet that was in there. It felt weird being in a cell, but being able to walk out whenever i liked.

A few hours later, Beth came to our cell, "Dinners ready" She smiled at us, "Okay, thankyou" I smiled back, "Come on Jack, dinner" He quickly took my hand and we went to the kitchen type area where i sat down next to Beth, Rick and Daryl opposite us. After dinner Jack and I went back to our cell and almost instantly fell asleep.