Chapter 21

Omg okay i'm so sorry i haven't updated in like ages please dont hate me its just school and exams and work urghh but im on half term so more updates hopefully:))

Emilys POV

- 2 months later -

"RICK!? RICK WHERE ARE YOU!?"

The house was being overrun by walkers, and i can not find Rick anywhere.

"Emily?" 

"Rick?"

"No, its Carl!"

"Oh my god Carl, are you okay?" He ran into my arms.

"Yeah"

"Good, now go and get your shit and help me" 

He ran into the room opposite mine and grabbed his bag, he then helped me put Kara and mines things into a bag, Ricks stuff was gone, he must be gone. 

"We've got to go Carl, we'll find your dad, but we have got to get out of here unless you want him to find us either dead or as walkers trying to eat him"

He nodded and grabbed his bag, I put my bag on my back, held Kara tight in one arm, and wrapped the other around Carl, he kept his gun drawn.

I heard a car start outside. 

"They're leaving"

He nodded

We started to run downstairs to try and catch them but they were gone by the time we were there. Walkers were everywhere so we ran out into the woods as far as we could so we were away from them.

"Lets head towards the road, maybe we will see them" Carl suggested

I nodded in agreement and we started to walk towards the road, after about half an hour we got there and there was no cars in sight.

"We'll camp here, next to the road so if theres any cars we will hear them" I said, Carl nodded and we layed down by a tree, I held Kara close to me so nothing would happen to her.

"I'll stay up on watch if you want, you still need your rest" Carl offered.

"Only if you dont mind"

"Its fine Em, i promise" He shot a smile at me.

I smiled back and layed down before falling asleep.

- 5 months after being overrun -

I woke up to the sound of a car, i looked at Carl and we both got up quickly to see who it was and if we knew them. We hadn't seen any of our group in 5 months.

"Carl, get our bags and hold Kara"

He took Kara from me and went back to get our bags, I saw a truck coming towards me, i kept my hand on my gun, it started to slow down when it got near me.

Daryl.

"Daryl! Oh my god!"

I ran towards him and he quickly got out and wrapped his arms around me.

"Are you okay? Are you alone? Wheres Kara?" He flooded me with questions.

"Yeah im fine, just exhuasted, no, im with Carl, and he has got Kara at the moment"

"Well go get him and get your assess in this truck missy, im on my way back to camp, im with the rest of the group, we thought you were all dead, you, Carl and Kara, Rick has been awful, he thought he lost 2 of his 3 children and his girlfriend. He is gonna be so happy, look, you get in the back of the truck, in the bed, there some blankets and pillows back there, you can rest, its about a 2 and a half hour drive back to our camp from here anyway"