Chapter 24

The next morning I woke up with a banging headache, obviously from the drinks the night before. Who knew you would be able to have a party in the middle of an apocalypse?

Rick was still asleep so i got up and went to get Kara and Judith, and went over to Carls apartment, since he was the only one at the party who didnt get drunk last night and probably the only one without a hangover.

I knocked on the door hurting my head, the door soon opened.

"Hey Em, how are you?"

"Hey, I'm okay, just a real bad hangover, is there any chance you could look after these two while i go open the shutters and get paracetamol for everyone?"

"Yeah sure no problem, yeah i would its dark in here, ive got the light on but i dont wanna waste the electric"

"Well turn it off im going to do it now so the light can come in, thats if its even light outside, im pretty sure it is"

"Yeah it should be"

I handed Carl Judith and Kara and went down into the basement area to open the shutters, i pressed the button and the shutters slowly started to open, thankgod they were quiet. I went up to the front door and locked it completely, i don't think anyone will be going anywhere today anyway.

I went back up to Rick and I's apartment and took two strong painkillers to help the pain, i then started to sort out the supplies that we got out of it all. Plenty of food and drink, medical supplies and all the other extras. I started to put it all away, all the food in two cupboards, all the drinks in another, and all the medical supplies in another. Then just one cupboard for all the random bits and peices.

The painkillers took effect quickly so i decided i would take a quick walk down to the games shop with Carl so he can pick some games and maybe a console that he wants. I left a note on the table incase Rick woke up and locked the door. I walked over to Carls apartment and opened the door, "Carl wanna come to game shop? You can get some games and maybe a console, its a 2 minute walk so we will be fine"

"Yeah sure, let me just get my phone, thanks for the phone by the way"

"No problem"

I waited for Carl to get his phone and we grabbed Judith and Kara and took them over to Daryl, I kicked his door hard and it swung open revealing a very rough looking Daryl.

"Someone had to much to drink last night" I laughed.

"Shut up Em you had just as much as me" He said back.

I just laughed, "Can you look after Judith and Kara while me and Carl go out quick?"

"Yeah sure, have you got your phones on you? Give me your numbers"

"Yeah, mines 07764836473" I said as he added it to his phone.

"And mine 07624510953" Carl said and Daryl added to his phone.

"Alright, il text you both in a minute and you can add my number"

I nodded and handed him Kara, Carl handed him Judith and we made our way down to the ground floor. I unlocked the door and we both walked out before i did the outside lock. We walked over to the gate, there was no walkers around thankgod, i unlocked it and locked it again when we were out. My phone vibrated and i looked at it.

'Twat - Daryl'

I laughed and added his number to my phone, then saw Carl do the same thing.

After 2 minutes we arrived at the game shop, i unlocked the door, I had already been here once, cleared it and locked all the doors so no walkers would get in, we both went in and Carl started to run around filling his bag with games for xbox 360, playstation 4, and whatever else there was.