Chapter 18

We have been on the road for 5 days now and its not getting any easier, we were lucky enough to find gas to put into our cars, but thats the only good thing thats happened. The cars were cramped, there was no houses around and we were all tired.

I was driving and Daryl sat in the front with me, Rick, Beth and Carl were asleep in the back.

"You sure you're okay to drive? I can do it if you want?" Daryl said, he was losing his country accent.

"I'm fine" I snapped. I was tired, Im pregnant and im hungry. What do you expect.

"Woah, no need to get pissed off" Daryl said, only making me more angry,

"Can you just shut up" I started to raise my voice.

"Sorry.." He said, obviously not happy about my outbursts, id been having a lot of them.

"Urgh for fucks sake, im sorry okay, im tired, im hungry, and im pregnant, i dont mean to be snappy" I apoligised.

"I understand" Daryl said. I smiled at him.

After a few hours of driving i started to see something in the distance, i dont know what it was, whether it was a building, or walkers, it wasnt clear.

"Can you see that?" I asked Daryl.

He looked closely as we started to come over the top of the hill and my eyes went wide when i saw what it was.

Walkers. Thousands of them.

"Shit" Daryl said getting out, he grabbed weapons and threw them to me, the others in the other cars did the same. We let Rick, Carl and Beth carry on sleeping in the back. "We cant take them on! We have to run!" Maggie shouted. I agreed.

"Daryl, get Rick, Maggie, get Beth, i'll get Carl" I said. None of them woke up but the walkers were now surrounding us. Everyone started to run but i got surrounded and they had all already gone. I kicked the walkers, determined to get out with Ricks son in my arms. I made my way out and grabbed a bag that was hanging from the back of a car, not caring what was in it and ran. I ran into the woods that was next to the road to lose the walkers. After half an hour of running i stopped next to a tree. I opened the bag to find a bottle of water, 7 cans of food and 3 guns. Better than nothing. 

"Carl, Carl you gotta wake up" I shook him and he slowly opened his eyes. 

"Where are we? Wheres my dad? Wheres Judith?" He asked.

"There was thousands of walkers, Ricks with Daryl, Judiths with Beth, Maggie and everyone else, I grabbed you from the car and made a run for it." I told him.

"We have to find them" He said.

"I know we do, but I dont know where they are and I dont know how we are going to find them, I dont know what way they ran, but we will find the," I reassured him.

"Atleast we've got eachother, and we're not on our own, if you had left me in the car i dont know what i would have done." He said to me.

"I wouldnt leave you Carl, your like 13 years old, I'm 20, i can survive on my own, but i wouldnt risk having you out on your own." I told him.

He smiled at me and I handed him the bottle of water,

"thanks" He smiled.

"We gotta find somewhere to stay, we cant just stay out here all night and its gonna be dark soon" I said getting two guns from the bag and handing one to Carl before closing the bag and picking it up.

Carl and I walked for 2 hours and it was begginning to get dark.

"Whats that?" He said to me, poiting infront of us.

"I dont know, looks like a building" I said before walking towards it. 

It turned out to be a very, very small house. Maybe one person would have lived here. It would have been cramped if two did.

"Lets clear it out, we can stay here for a while, it will be cramped, but its better than nothing" I said, he nodded and we walked into the house, I was surprised to find no walkers downstairs, "Okay Carl, bolt the door, lock it, put something against it and cover all the windows, il check upstairs" I said.

"Okay" He said walking off to find something to secure the door with. 

I walked up the stairs with one of Daryls bolts in my hand, i didnt realise i had it. There was no walkers up here either. The last room i checked was full of photos, family photos. I looked at them, apparently a whole family lived here. I looked at the pictures, it was mostly pictures of the kids that lived here, i found a picture of a couple, a very pretty women, and a man, but i knew this man. 

"No way..." I whispered, putting my hand on the photo. "Shane, Shane Walsh"

The photo wasnt a couple. It was a photo of his sister and him. I carried on looking, this was his house, his parents house, we never came here, I found a picture of him and I together, and a picture of Rick and him. Then I found something that started me, a picture of him and Gareth. "What the fuck..." I whispered. "Who the fuck are- Emily?" I turned to see Shanes face. Rick said he turned..."Shane?" I asked. "Oh my god Em its you" He wrapped his arms round me but i pushed him away. "You didnt come looking for me. You cheated on me. Shane get away from me" I said.

"I did not cheat on you!" He said.

"Bullshit! Lori? Lori Grimes? Your best friends wife? Yeah i know. I know about it all" I said.

"Shit, im so sorry Em" He said.

"No. Dont even start, because your best friend, is now my boyfriend, so i suggest you back the fuck off and get the fuck out before i kill you" I said.

"Emily are you okay?" I heard Carls voice.

"Stay down there Carl!" I shouted.

"Look, Emily, I love you" Shane said.

"Bullshit" I retorted. 

Shane grabbed the arrow from my hand and held it to my neck.

"You fucking bitch"

------

Emily! Emily shhh! I felt a hand on my mouth as i screamed. I opened my eyes to see Carls face. It was just a dream. This house wasnt related to Shane. 

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"Yeah, bad dream" I said.

Then there was a loud bang outside, a gun shot. 

"Carl, get upstairs, take our stuff, stay up there" I said. He nodded, he wasnt usually this cooperative but i wasnt complaining.

I grabbed two guns and ran outside to see walkers. I started to shoot them down. I kept my guns up when the last one fell. I saw 3 figures stood infront of me.

"Emily?"