Chapter 29

It was a dream. 

Everything was a dream.

I woke up in my own bed, in the apartments with Rick next to me. The apocalypse was not over. My family was not alive. Everything was exactly the same as it had been.

I keep having weird dreams like that. That the apocalpyse is over, my family is alive, Rick is dead, Kara's dead, i've killed one of them, they're going to kill me, anything like that.

I got out of the bed and went into the kitchen to get a drink. We needed more food, we were most likely going to have to go on a run today.

I looked at the clock and it was 10, so i decided to wake Rick up and him, Daryl and I could go on a run. I walked into the bedroom and lightly shook him, it didn't take much to wake him up, his eyes slowly opened and he smiled.

"Morning" He said.

"Morning, we need to go on a run, me you and Daryl, get up and be ready in 15 minutes."

He nodded and i walked out and over to Daryls apartment, i banged on the door and after a few seconds it opened. 

"Hey, Rick and I are going on a run, your coming, be ready in 15 minutes okay?"

He nodded and I went downstairs to the ground floor and went to wait in Daryls truck, i decided to take the car because I didn't know how much food we needed to get, but Rick and I definitely needed some, i'm not sure about the others, so we'll get some anyway.

After about 10 minutes Rick and Daryl came down and got into the truck. While we were driving i was thinking, were the dreams like, a sign? Kara had almost died before, as had Rick, and i almost killed Rick that time he said we couldn't have Sansa with us. Okay, I didn't but the thought was there.

Maybe its my turn?

After a few minutes we arrived outside a food store. 

"Everyone split up and fill your bags" Rick said and we nodded.

I jumped out the truck and started to think that i could die today. I walked over to Rick and kissed him quickly and hugged him.

"What was that for? Not that i don't like it"

"I could die today"

I then hugged Daryl and walked away without saying another word. They let it go rather quickly and split up. I started to fill my bag with food and drinks and anything else i could find in the store. I walked around for about 10 minutes before i heard the familiar moans. 

"You will not die today" I whispered to myself over and over again. 

I pulled out my knife and quickly turned around.

Nothing.

As i was about to turn around again, I felt it. I felt the teeth sink into my leg. I let out a quiet yelp and pulled my gun out and shot it in the head. I was wearing shorts so I couldn't even hide it. I heard footsteps coming towards me.

"Dont come near me!" I said.

"Why?" I heard Daryls voice.

"Because i'm going to die today"

"What are you talking about?"

I turned around and revealed the bite on the back of my leg. He dropped his bag and ripped his shirt off before tying it around my leg and picking me up.

"RICK WE GOTTA GO AND WE GOTTA GO NOW!" Daryl was shouting but i could already feel the fever kicking in.

Rick came round the corner.