Chapter 4

When i woke up the next morning Charlotte was still asleep next to me, i got out of bed and saw that Jack wasnt there, it must be quite late then. I took the pillow out from under Charlottes head and hit her round the face with it, she quickly shot up and glared at me in fits of laughther on the floor. Hey, who knew you could be this happy in the middle on an apocalypse? "Come on Charl, remember your spending the day with Daryl today!" i said pulling her out of bed. "Put these pajama shorts on, you wanna impress him, and lets be honest Charl you have great legs" I said handing her the pajama shorts "Okay, but you wear some too, since we have identical legs, and you wanna impress Rick for gods sake!" She said handing me an identical pair of shorts, i slipped them on and brushed through my hair. It came down to my hips and it was almost a platinum blonde, but it was its natural colour.

Charl and I walked down to the kitchen where we found Rick, Daryl, Carl, Jack and Beth. "Wheres everyone else?" I asked. "Michonnes and Maggies on watch, the rest are in the shower." Rick said. "Hey, we've decided that ya can have ya own cells, all of ya, all next door to eachother, im pretty sure we can trust ya now" Daryl said and i smiled wide. I hugged him, "Thanks Daryl, I cant be sleeping with that everynight" I said pointing to Charlotte, she glared at me before giving me the finger. I just laughed. I grabbed two tins and gave one to Charlotte, we quickly ate them, Carl, Jack and Beth had left to go do jobs that needed to be done. "So, what you and me gonna do today Daryl?" Charlotte asked, getting closer to him. "Well girly, i'm gonna get to know ya better, then we're gonna get you a cell near Emilys, then if we have anytime left, we can walk the perimiter and kill them damn walkers" Daryl said. Charlotte smiled. "You and me are gonna basically do the same thing Em, except we'll go up into the guard tower and take watch for a while" Rick said, I nodded. "Come on Charl, lets get dressed" I said taking her hand and walking out. "So, the guard tower eh?" She said winking at me. "Charlotte! Ive known him 2 days! But hey, i wouldnt hesitate" I said nudging her. When we got back to the cell we picked out shorts and t shirts to wear since it was so hot. I put my white converse on and went to meet Rick.

Ricks POV

I saw Emily walking towards me in shorts and a t shirt, wow. Just, wow. She looked amazing, her blonde hair falling down her back. "Hey" She said smiling. "Hey, now, where shall we go to get to know eachother?" I asked. She shrugged. "Anywhere thats not boiling hot" She said. "We could always go to my cell?" I suggested. She nodded "Sure". I started to walk off towards where my cell was and she walked next to me. "So, what did you do before this?" She asked. "I was a cop. I was shot on the job and was in a coma. The world went to shit while i was in a coma." I said. "What about you?" I asked. "I was a model, so was Charlotte, not like famous models, but we did photos for a clothing stores catalogue. It was a lot of fun" She said, wow, she did look like a model. "Wow" Thats all i could say. She smiled. "Hey, ive always liked cops" She said. "Oh really?" I asked. "Yeah, my boyfriend before all this started was a cop, Shane, Shane Walsh, he was a bit of a twat though, I went to his house straight after i found out this had started, but he was gone, he obviously didnt care enough to find me, wouldnt surprise me if he went off with someone else" She said. No freaking way. "No way, you were Shane Walsh's girlfriend? No freaking way, he was my best friend, he was with us for a while, in our group, he turned. And yeah, he did go with someone else, im sorry, but it was my wife." I said. Her face expression changed. "What a fucking bastard," She said. "Im happy hes dead, he deserves to be"  I smirked at that. "Hey, not all cops are complete twats like Shane." I said, winking at her.

Emilys POV

I felt myself blush at Ricks words. I looked him in the eye, and smiled. "Heres my cell" He said and we appeared infront of a fairly big cell. "Nice place" I said sarcastically. He laughed and i walked in, he followed shortly after and i heard the curtain shut, and before i knew it i was pressed up against the wall. "So, you like cops? Any cops in particular? Other than Shane?" He said, his face inches from mine. "Well, there is this one, he took me into his group after i almost died, he liked to take my weapons off me for a while, oh look, hes stood right infront of me." I smirked "He looked me dead in the eye as his face moved closer and closer to mine, his lips were brushing mine, and then suddenly they were pressed against mine, my arms went around his neck and my hands in his hair, and his arms went round my waist. I pulled back and looked him in the eyes before putting my head on his shoulder, he pulled me closer to him. "I'll show you that not all cops are twats like Shane" He whispered and I smiled.

BANG.

"Fuck" He said. "What?" I asked. "Theres someone i didnt tell you about, The Governor, hes our enemy basically, he wants the prison, and im more than sure thats him and his tank"

"CHARLOTTE! JACK!" I started to scream and ran out of Ricks cell with him following behind me shouting for Carl, I ran outside to see a man stood on a tank with a group of other people all holding guns. Aimed at us.