Chapter 28

- 1 Year Later - 

It had been exactly 1 year since i had the miscarriage, the walkers took down the doors on the apartment block 5 months after, we've been on the road ever since.

"Daryl for fucks sake we need to get gas, stop trying to find somewhere to fucking stay for three fucking seconds and find us some fucking gas!" 

Daryl had been trying to find somewhere to stay for about 2 hours while we were rapidly running out of gas, and to be quite honest, it was pissing me off.

Rick put his hand on mine to calm me down a little.

"Well if we find somewhere to fucking stay we won't gas will we!" He shouted back.

"No, until we get overrun again and we can't go anywhere because you couldn't be fucking bothered to stop and get some fucking gas! Then we'll all be dead anyway!"

He shut up after that but didn't try to find gas, he was so stubborn.

"Stop the truck"

"Why?"

"Just stop the fucking truck!" I screamed

He slammed the breaks on and i got out the truck.

"Where are you going Em?" Rick asked.

"To find some bloody gas before we all die!"

"You can't go on your own"

"I'll be fine, just wait here"

I walked off so he couldn't retaliate and walked about 5 minutes out onto a road and there you go, cars. Cars that probably had gas in.

I got the tanks and syphoned the gas out into each one then went back to the truck.

"Now that wasnt fucking hard was it"

I filled the truck back up and then we had a full tank.

"Thankyou Em" Daryl said while starting the engine back up

"Thats alright, maybe you'll listen to me more often from now on"

We started to move again with the others behind us. We had been looking for somewhere for 7 months and we had found no where, but i had noticed one thing.

"Have you noticed that for the last 5 months we havent seen any walkers? Like at all?" I said to everyone

"Oh my god, we haven't!" Carl said.

"Who still has battery life on there phone?" Rick asked

"I do" I said.

"See if anything comes up on it, you downloaded a news app right?"

"Obviously"

I turned on my phone and went onto the news app:

'10th July 2015

We are glad to announce that the apocalypse is over! You may come out from where you are, it is safe!'

I started at my phone in disbelief and everyone was looking at me expecting an answer.

"Its over"

Everyone looked at me and asked to see my phone and i showed them

"Thankgod!"

---------------------------------------

"Emily please wake up"

I slowly opened my eyes and I looked up to see my mothers face.

"Mum?"

"EMILY!"

I jumped out of the bed and flung my arms around her

"I thought you were dead!"

"Emily why would i be dead?"

"It must have been a dream...or a nightmare...whatever. There was a zombie apocalypse, i was with a group, you and dad died and we thought you killed Sansa, i was with Charlotte and Jack, but we lost Charlotte, it was just me and Jack, we found this group, and not long after we found Charlotte again, Jack was killed my some man, the governor, there was this guy...Rick, Shanes old work mate, i was with him, we had a daughter, Kara, he had a daughter and a son from his wife, Carl and Judith, oh my god it all seemed so real..."

"Emily love, there was an apocalypse, not quite how you described it but i expect your memorys a little messed up, me and your dad are alive, Sansa, Charlotte and Jack are alive, Rick, Daryl, Carl, Judith, Maggie, Glenn and Beth are alive. There were others but they didn't make it. Kara is alive, she is real. You have a daughter"

"What!? Where are they!?"

"They're at our house, they come and visit everyday at 3 until 6. Your dad, Charlotte, Jack and Sansa come at 2. It's 1:30 now so they'll be here soon, you've been out of it for 6 months, Kara turns 3 tomorrow, we thought we were going to lose you, everyones been so worried, especially Rick, Carl and Daryl, and your family of course."

"Wait wait wait, mum, why am i in hospital? Why have i been unconcious for 6 months?"

"Honey, you were bit right towards the end of the apocalypse, by the last walker out there actually, we got you to a hospital and they've been doing everything they can"

I couldn't believe it, i was bit? I survived? Everything was real? 

"I can see why my memorys messed up then"

"Look go to sleep, i'll wake you when your dad and siblings are here"

"Okay, thanks mum"

I put my head down and went to sleep only to be woken up half an hour later.

"Your dad and everyones outside, shall i let them in?"

I sat up and nodded, mum went over to the door and let them in, Charlotte ran straight over and flung her arms around me and started to cry, as did i.

"I thought you were dead! I thought i had lost you!" She whispered to me.

"I would never leave you Charl"

She let go and Jack came and sat on my bed, I pulled him into a tight hug and kissed his forhead, dad came over holding Sansa.

"I thought I lost you hunny, i really did"

"I'd never leave you dad" 

I kissed Sansa on the forehead, after we had been talking, it was almost 3, the others would be here soon.

"Look, Rick always thinks I die when these things happen, so i'm gonna go into this bathroom, make my bed look neat, like i've been taken away because i've died. he'll get really upset, but he'll be 10 times happier when he sees me"

They agreed and I went into the bathroom with all the drip and things that were connected to me. After a few minutes I heard them come in, and i heard Ricks voice saying 'She didnt make it, she's dead?' That was my cue.

I opened the door and my mum nodded at me.

"How many times do i have to tell you that it takes more than a walker bite to kill Emily Rigg?"