Chapter 15

The next morning i woke up to find Rick was gone. I looked out the window and saw that the sun was high in the sky, so it must be late morning. I got out of bed and went into the bathroom, i put my hands on my stomach and thought about that in under 9 months time, i would have a little baby. Truthfully, i was terrified. I dont know if i could bring up a child in this world. I didnt know if i could bring up a child in the normal world. I was never good with kids, i loved them but i wasnt good with them. I looked after my baby sister, but never alone, and i was still bad at it. Tears started to roll down my cheeks as i thought about how i wasnt going to be a good mother for my child. I heard a knock on the door, "Em. Breakfast" I heard Daryls voice. I started to cry hard and he came in to find the bathroom door locked. "Em. No, please dont lock yourself in the bathroom. After what happened last time it worries me" He said. I slowly unlocked the door and opened it. He looked at me before shutting the bedroom door and pulling me into a hug. "Whats the matter Em?" He asked. I hesitantly pulled back and sat on the bed, he sat next to me. "You have to promise not to say anything to anyone," I said. He nodded. "Im pregnant, but im not good with kids, il be a terrible mother" I cried into his shoulder. I felt him stiffen and I knew exactly what he was thinking, "We'll talk about this later okay? But we need to get downstairs for breakfast before the others start getting suspicious" He said. I nodded and wiped my eyes before getting up and following him downstairs. I walked into the kitchen, "Morning" I said with a smile. "Morning" The rest said back. I poured myself some cereal and sat down between Rick and Daryl. I quickly ate my breakfast and Rick spoke. "I need to go out today to get a few things, Glenn, Maggie and Beth will be joining me" He said to me. I nodded "Be safe" I told him, he kissed my forehead and got up before getting his gun and heading out to the car. I looked at Daryl. "We need to talk" He said to me. I nodded "Yes we do." I followed him out to the back of the house and we sat down in a corner, on a bench. "So. your pregnant?" He said. I nodded my head, "Yeah..." I said. He looked at me and i knew what he was thinking. "When did you and Rick last...ya know?" He asked. "2 Weeks ago" I told him. He sighed and ran a hand through his hair. "Look ive got a test thing that tells you how far along you are, I want you to take it, now, you need to know how far along you are" He said to me. I nodded and stood up. I followed him into his room and he got out a test and handed it to me, "Thanks" I said before walking into the bathroom".

I sat down after taking the test for it to beep to tell me when it was done. When i heard the beep i stood up and looked at it, it said:

'Positive, you are pregnant. You are 1 months and 1 week along.'

I threw the test across the room and put my head in my hands, lightly pulling my hair. How was i going to explain this? Should i just keep it secret? I couldnt, that would be wrong. I heard a light knocking on the door. I ran out the bathroom and into Daryls arms, i didnt cry, i just stood there. He eventually pushed me back a little and looked at my face and into my eyes before he asked that one crucial question.

"Is it mine?"