Chapter 7

We were walking down the railway tracks trying to find the others. "Hey, whats that?" I said pointing to a sign on a post. I ran over to it. It said: 'sanctuary for all, community for all, those who arrive, survive' There was a map with a arrow that said 'Terminus' "Maybe the others are there?" I said to Rick. "We should make our way there, its not too far, it cant hurt to look" I said. "Hey! Michonne remember when we went out on a run for meds not long ago, we heard a broadcast on the radio, we didnt hear much but i remember it saying those who arrive survive, ya think this is them?" Daryl said. "They're broadcasting it?" Rick asked. "Yeah, we didnt think much of it at the time" Daryl answered. "We have to go!" Charlotte and I both said in unison. "They're right dad. We do need to see if they're there." Carl added. "Okay, its only about 2 miles from here, we should be there by tomorrow" He said. I smiled, "Its gonna be dark soon. We better find somewhere to stay the night" I said. We carried on walking for  little while until Charlotte spoke, "Hey look, we can stay in that car" She said. We nodded and checked to make sure there was no walkers around. There wasnt and we put our bag into the car. Rick, Michonne, Charlotte and I stayed out on watch. Beth and Carl got into the car, Daryl had gone to try find some food. We were just talking when we heard leave rustling in the woods behind us, we quickly span round to see nothing. Then i heard the sound of a gun click. Then i saw men. "You screwed up asshole" One man said to Rick, gun on his temple. 2 other men put guns pointed at our heads. A man was at the car with a knife at the window. Then Daryl came from the woods. "Daryl!" The man said with the gun pointed at Ricks head. "Your gonna let these people go, man, these are good people" Daryl said. Did he know them? "We're gonna have to disagree on that, this man killed our friend." He said again. "I get it, you want blood," Daryl said and he dropped him crossbow. "Take it from me man, c'mon" I stared at him, shocked. "You said these are good people, that there is a lie, go on boys, beat him" 2 other men grabbed Daryl and started to beat him. The 2 men at the car took out Beth and Carl and held them to the ground. "You let him go," Rick said. "It was me, it was just me!" The man laughed. "Thats right! Now this is how its gonna work, we're gonna beat Daryl to death, then we'll have the young boy and girl, then the girl with the dreads, then we'll all have a go on the nice blonde ones, and then we'll shoot you after we make you watch" The man said while laughing. I cringed and looked at Charlotte, she looked terrified. Rick suddenly jolted his head back and the man shot, missing him. Then Rick stood up and punched the man in the face. The man punched him back and Rick fell to the ground, the man got him up so theyre bodies were together, "What you gonna do now?" He said, and before he could even raise his gun, Rick sunk his teeth into his neck and ripped the flesh out, leaving him to bleed out, Rick spat the flesh out. I looked at Charlotte and Michonne, I nodded, they knew what i was thinking, we all grabbed the gun that was being aimed at us and aimed it at the men holding them, they shot them and shot themselves in the head. We got up and got our weapons out, Daryl had killed one of the men beating him and was now onto the other one. I got my knife out, as did Rick, the men that were raping Beth and Carl quickly got up and dropped there knives, Rick and I had the same idea and stabbed the knives straight into their genitals, and without taking the knives out of their flesh, started to pull it up as they screamed in pain. "That'll teach you for doing that" I growled in his face before letting him fall to the floor. I got Beth up and hugged her tight to me. "Your okay" I whispered as she cried into my shoulder. I got into the car and pulled her next to me, followed by Charlotte, Carl and Michonne. We all fell asleep.

The next morning we were all in a bad state, we had bruises and cuts on our faces, we got out the car and i decided to talk to Daryl. "Daryl can i talk to you?" He nodded and walked over to me, "Did you know those people?" I asked. "Yeah, before i was with Rick, Carl and Michonne i was with them, they found me, they told me they were looking for someone who killed there friend in a house they were in, which was Rick. He was staying in a house in one neighbourhood and they came in, i was out hunting, he tried to get out and had to kill one of them to do it, he left him to turn, thats when they found the neighbourhood you were in, i found them the day before Carl found you, i left that other group." He explained to me, I nodded "Its okay, this isnt your fault" I reassured him, he obviously felt guilty. "This isnt anyone fault except their own" He smiled and we walked back over to the others, i took a cloth out my pocket and poured some water on it before sitting infront of Rick and wiping the blood off his face. "Thanks" He said. I smiled. He said cuts on his cheek, but nothing to serious, Carl and Beth had grazes on there cheeks, Daryl had a black eye, Michonne had a small cut on her forehead, and Charlotte and I had cuts on our cheeks. "We better get moving" I said and they nodded. We started to walk through the woods, to be safe. Rick buried our bag of weapons, leaving us with just a few. "just to be safe" he said. I smiled. "Okay, we'll go over the fence here, i want to see them before they see us." We nodded and jumped over the fence. Charlotte and I stayed close to eachother, we all had our weapons out infront of us. We walked into a room where we heard voices to see a group of people. "Hello, HELLO" Rick said, they all looked at us. "Looks like Alberts on perimeter watch again," One of them said. "My names Gareth, welcome to Terminus, i guess your here for sanctuary?" The man, Gareth, said. "Yes" Rick said. The man smiled. "Okay, this is Ben, we will need you to put your weapons out infront of you so we can see what you have, im sure you understand?" Gareth said. "Yes we do" Rick said as he placed him gun onto the floor. We all did the same. Beth was holding Judith tight to her body. Gareth and Ben walked over to us and started to feel our sides, legs and arms. I was suspicious about these people. I dont think they would give us sanctuary, they want something else. When Ben got to Daryl he looked at his face, "Hate to see the other guy" He said, smiling. "You would." Rick said. When he got to me he had a huge smile on his face, Charlotte and I had been eating well, we werent as skinny as the others. His smile grew as he felt my legs, arms and sides. "Enough meat on me for you is there?" I growled at him. He looked at Gareth who just stared at me. He moved on to Charlotte and had the exact same reaction, then Rick. He went back to Beth and handed her her weapon, Daryl picked up his own, as did Carl, he game Rick, Miconne, Charlotte and I our weapons. "Okay follow me" Ben said and we all followed him out the door. "Be careful, did you see the smiles on there faces when they felt us? Im suspicious, be prepared to kill" I whispered to Charlotte. She nodded. We walked out to where a woman was cooking meat. I stared at her. Rick was staring at a chain on Bens trousers. He started to speed up and got him in a headlock position, gun pointed at his head while he pulled the chain from the pocket on his trousers, it was a watch, a watch i recognised.

"Where the hell did you get this watch"