Chapter 23

"Rick, Carl, wake up, we need to leave soon" I whispered to him.

His eyes slowly flickered open and i smiled at him.

"Okay Em, go wake the others up and tell them to put their bags by ours, take yours, mine and Carls out"

I nodded and grabbed the three bags and out them down outside. I quickly went into the first of the 4 other tents, it was Eugene, Abraham, Rosita and Tara.

"Guys, guys you gotta wake up, we're leaving soon, theres 3 bags outside, put yours with them"

They all nodded at me and i left them to it.

I then went into the 2nd tent and it was Daryl.

"Daryl wake the fuck up we're leaving soon, put your bag out by the others"

He looked at me and smiled, "Okay Em"

I smiled at him and walked out,

I went into the 3rd tent and it was Carol and Beth.

"Gotta get up, we're leaving soon, out your bags out by the others"

They smiled at me and i left.

I went into the final tent which was Maggie and Glenn,

"Gotta wake u- oh, your already up, well come put your bags out here with me"

They laughed, picked there bags up and followed me out the tent. Everyone else was packing the tents, blankets, pillows, duvets and supplies up. Glenn, Maggie and I started to pack the bags into the cars, we only had 2 cars and Daryls truck left now, and Daryl would definitely be going in his truck so i threw Ricks, Carls, Daryls and mines bags into the bed of the truck. I then helped Maggie and Glenn put there bags and Beth and Carols bags into one car, and Eugenes, Abrahams, Rositas and Taras into another.

I walked back up to everyone else and Eugene and Abraham put the tents into Daryls truck, and then split the duvets, pillows and blankets equally into each vehicle, then put the supplies into Daryls truck.

I took Kara off of Beth and thanked her for looking after her and Judith all the time. I walked over to Rick and Daryl who were talking about something.

"Hey, what you talking about?"

"We were discussing who was going to get each apartment" Rick said as he put his arm round me.

"Oh, whos going where? Obviously Maggie and Glenn in one, Rosita and Abraham in another, me and you"

"and Carl, Kara and Judith with us"

"Rick, Carl is 15, almost 16 years old, he can have his own apartment surely, i think its fair, there is 15 aparments, 3 on each floor, we'll just work from the top down so we're all higher up. He can be on the same floor as us, but just not the same apartment, hes old enough"

"Hm, i'll think about it"

I smiled. "So, should we go then?" I asked

"Yeah, lets get going, whos in what car Em?" Daryl asked.

"Eugene, Abraham, Rosita and Tara in the Volkswagen, Maggie, Glenn, Carol and Beth in the Audi, and obviously, us, Carl, Kara and Judith in your truck"

Daryl seemed happy and started to walk towards the truck. We followed behind him. Carl was already in the back with Judith and Kara. Daryl jumped into the drivers seat and Rick in the passenger. 

"Daryl, surely Em should drive, shes the one who knows where shes going" Rick said

"Uh, oh yeah, i forgot, here Em" Daryl got out and let me get into the drivers seat, and he sat in the back behind me with Kara in his arms.